Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 20

pigeonjp is offline Junior Member
    What are your thoughts on tagatose? Products like NuNaturals PreSweet Tagatose? Ok for primal? Wikipedia says it has a low GI.

Laner122 is offline Junior Member
    Could you cover eating acid vs. alkaline foods. It seems to be more prevalent now but my initial reaction was we have physiologic buffer systems in our body that are always tightly regulated so why would this matter so much. Any info would be great thanks.

Rob

bmare38 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mark, I just joined up. I am 74 and am interested in communicating with other 60 plus members who are doing this. I am so grateful to have found some direction for eating and healthy living. I had a kidney removed four years ago due to renal cell carcinoma and my husband is recovering from triple bypass and lung cancer. We sure could use some support from others in our age bracket. Thanks so much for all you are doing! Barbara in Missouri
    Last edited by bmare38; 02-13-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: misspell

Iced Tea is offline Junior Member
    Dear Mark,
    I'm new to Primal and loving how I can fast for 24 hours without getting dizzy, grumpy, or lightheaded.

My problem is one I've had even before going Primal. In the morning, I wake up with a tight and flat stomach. But as soon as I drink even a glass of water or a bit of food, my stomach expands. By the end of the day I look 3 months pregnant and my belly is hard.

By the next morning my belly goes back to flat only if I don't eat after 4 pm. It's even worse when I eat carbs. I have relatively strong abdominal muscles, but not visible ones.

A lot of other people seem to have this problem too, but I don't trust body-building forums as much as your opinion. Thanks!

Talking20 is offline Junior Member

Blood Tests that Prove the Effects of Primal Living

Hi Mark and the MDA community,

We are a small team of doctors, scientists, and researchers working to optimize delivery of personal health data with a low cost, direct-to-consumer blood test service that delivers results online. We started with the basics, such as cholesterol and cortisol, but we would really like to create a "Paleo Panel" or a "Primal Panel", so that we can tailor our data service to folks who are actively improving their health within these guidelines. We have made our service low-cost, with a subscriber program, so that changes can be tracked and recorded over time (days, weeks, months, years). We want to know which tests would be the most useful to this community. With a little R&D we can test any biomarker that appears in the blood!

Our goal is to have our specific panel available for sale by the end of March. You can visit our website to learn more. Let us hear your thoughts, we appreciate it!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Mark, you have probably covered this, but can you help with hot flashes? I'm a menopause-age woman, totally primal, healthy as can be except for the bl@@dy fre@kin' hot flashes, which are preventing me from sleeping. I don't really want to start hormone therapy, but I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on this. Sorry, I know that researching hot flashes is probably about the most boring thing on the planet.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Melissa in Virginia is offline Junior Member
    Mark,

I would really like to learn more about middle age hormonal imbalance and primal diet. I've recently been diagnosed with low DHEA, Progesterone and Vitamin D. Symptoms have been fuzzy headed feeling that has lasted for years, general just feeling blah and weight gain (and a long list of minor things). I'm taking bioidentical supplements and doing primal diet for almost a month now. Initially I gained 4 pounds and so far have lost 3 of that. I am feeling better, more clear headed and energetic than I've been in years but the scale is pudging and the pants are feeling looser. I'm 40 pounds away from anybodies ideal weight, so it is not an issue that I don't have much to loose. I'm recovering from surgery so have to be very cautious with workouts but I've been doing about 2.5 hours of Tai Chi a week and two days of weight lifting.

If I don't see some progress soon in the form of weight loss, I'm afraid I'm gonna give up. I would really like to know what is happening with my body.

Wildrose is online now Senior Member
    Dear Mark,

Do you have any thoughts on Argan oil? I saw a deal on it recently and it was being sold for skin care, but I was surprised when I googled it and found it was edible. Is that a good oil to eat? It sounds like it should be quite primal. Thanks!

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Laner122 View Post
    Could you cover eating acid vs. alkaline foods. It seems to be more prevalent now but my initial reaction was we have physiologic buffer systems in our body that are always tightly regulated so why would this matter so much. Any info would be great thanks.

Rob
    in my opinion as a biologist, what you said is what I agree with, and this whole acidic vs basic food is complete bs with zero credibility, it looks like it's just some trendy theory; I don't know where it came from but it drives me nuts because it has no basis in fact. yes blood must be very tightly maintained at exactly pH 7.35 to 7.45, and all other tissues are not far off from that. The only things your body makes of another pH are secretions like bile, but that is not what is present inside tissues. I posted more here going off about it (it's a vegan scare tactic telling people meat is acidic and cancer is acidic, etc):

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1126514

wikipedia is more relevant source of information than a lot of places, take all these crazy theories about diet with a huge bit o salt and always research for yourself what is actually happening, ESPECIALLY if some blog post makes all kinds of claims but gives no references to actual research (or only references other crazy websites, which are not proof of anything either)
    Natural products super cheap @ iherb: Use discount code SEN850 at http://www.iherb.com/?rcode=sen850 for $10 off first order; free shipping $20+ order in USA

Pamsc is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I would love to see a post on boosting our immune systems. I know vitamin D helps, but what else? I had a mole removed that turned out to be a melanoma--staged as 1B so I have a high probability that I caught it soon enough. I will know after that surgery whether it has spread microscopically to the sentinel lymph node, but even if it has, there is no chemo for melanoma, the only thing the doctors have to offer is surgery to take out more lymph nodes or trying to put the immune system in overdrive to fight the melanoma, neither of which improve survival much. It seems to me the best thing to do to fight the very small chance of recurrence is to be as healthy as I can. (Now if only I could shut down my worries and sleep longer.)

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast