Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 19

alexiskim is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am curious...I was just diagnosed Type 1 diabetic in March and am finding out that my 3 year old son is too. I was thinking about how vitamin D will be important to us and a question came to mind. It is my understanding that early man would "hibernate" during the winter and our bodies would store vitamin D for these winter months with less sunlight. Is there any research that shows this mechanism is different or not working in those who are diabetic?

jamesto is offline Junior Member

The China Study, Colin Campbell

i started the Primal diet about a month ago, feeling great, lost about 15 lbs. i mentioned the book to someone the other day and they said they had gone the "vegan" route because of a study done some ago called the "China Study" - in this study the researchers were apparently able to introduce cancer to rats when they injected animal proteins. The conclusion seemed to be eating animals is more likely to give you cancer. Have you heard of this?

meepster is online now Senior Member
    I have a Primal exercise question. I love lifting heavy things. I put on muscle quickly, I get stronger quickly, I feel great. But every time, no matter what kind of exercise I do, I somehow manage to injure myself, and those injuries stay with me. I have iliotibial band issues in my knee that led to chondromalacia (too much bicycling), some kind of elbow trouble (tricep kickbacks), and now I've got a shoulder issue as well (kettlebells). I can't help but get the feeling that I'm doing myself more harm than good here.

I've worked with personal trainers before. The elbow trouble was actually caused by a bad personal trainer directing me improperly. The shoulder trouble also appeared despite a really good personal trainer who did his best trying to avoid my issues. I've seen a doctor about my bad knee, but he wasn't really all that helpful.

So - a question. How do I get into an exercise program without hurting myself? What should I do to prevent further injuries? I'm entirely pain-free and injury-free when I do no exercise beyond some slow walking - should I just stick to that?

AMonkey is online now Senior Member
    Dear Mark,

Around about this time of year in Scotland, it becomes cold, dark, wet and windy. Frequently I'll wake up to darkness, the sky will be dark most of the day and I'll go to sleep in the dark. The lack of sunlight has significant negative effects on my mental and emotional state. I wake up feeling tired, throughout the day I feel miserable, fuzzy headed and feel like I could go to sleep at any point. What kind of steps can be done to improve my Seasonal Affective Disorder symptoms?

Sincerely,
    Ben

browser is offline Junior Member
    Mark,

From experience low carb is impressive. But Im not sure about the science yet.
    I am convinced that low fat theories are now all nonsense.
    But perhaps the key thing is low total calorie intake of natural food. i.e. if you eat the same calories of good food either low carb or high carb the health benefits will be equal, and that overall calories need to be limited: probably <2000 cals for men.

When you look at the blue zone areas and their diets Blue Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia they seem to be mostly plant based.And they are the healthiest longetst living peoples on the planet. Or are these blue zone reported diets just wrongly and analysed and reported.? It seems that legumes are common, and may be a key factor, to all their diets.
    Perhaps you could comment or review all that.

TIA

fitnessexpos is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

Hi Mark,

I run HealthandFitnessExpos.com - Comprehensive Schedule of Health, Fitness & Wellness Expos, Tradeshows, Conferences, Seminars, Festivals, Events & Fairs. My site gathers Health and Fitness events all over and puts them into a schedule to make it easy for interested folks to find these type of events. I have noticed that there are many of these events going on and many times people in the area of the event don't even know about them.

I was wondering if you would take a look at my site and, if you like it, write a blog post about it. In return, I would create a page for your book and add it to my news section and distribute it to my contact lists.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Joe Agostinelli
    HealthandFitnessExpos.com

KT79 is offline Member
    Hi Mark,

If you haven't posted about it before, what about a post on standing desks? I switched to standing at work several months ago, and I find I've got a lot more energy and I move a lot more during the day. Also find myself doing occasional exercises when no one's looking! Anyway - thought this might be an idea that other cubicle workers would be interested in.

Thanks!

KT79

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    This: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread72809.html
    Human physical contact seems crucial to optimal health (being married or having a family is even linked to a longer, happier life), but people don't seem to give it as much thought as diet, exercise and sleep, although it is just as important!

ItalianPaleoDude is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mark,

In case you haven't yet, I would like to hear you thoughts about the Perfect Health Diet and the recommendaion of eating 1lb. of safe starches per day. I read the Jaminet's book and your foreword. While there's nothing wrong about it, it's not clear your position towards consuming safe starches daily since you seem to mainly promote a very low-carb & high-fat diet (and I'm saying this despite a possibile commercial agreement between you and the Jaminets). With this, my great appreciation and respect for your work will never change.

Gabriele

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Hi Mark,

This is unusual and probably not of general interest, but here goes. I live in mid-coast Maine in a rural area. Although light pollution is of course everywhere, my surroundings are very dark. There are no streetlights or house lights of any kind and the stars are brilliant. My home has large skylights that cannot be covered. At night the stars and moon shine into my bedroom and during the full moon it can be quite bright. What is your opinion on this kind of light? I realize very few people, if any, have this 'problem.' Incidentally, I love looking at the stars while I am lying in bed at night!

Thanks for everything and all you do!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast