Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 16

SophieE is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fibre. Reading through all the blog entries, your stance on fibre is kind of all over the place.

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to see a blog post about the differences in mens/womens physiology, and how to fine-tune primal for the sexes. A lot of women feel awful on lower carb or have more difficulty losing weight than men.

EdBrown is offline Junior Member
    Helminths - they are our "oldest friends". Hookworm, human whipworm, and pig whipworm are all being used successfully to treat serious auto-immune disorders like Crohn's and Rheumatoid arthritis.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Possible Negative Health Effects of long term VLC eating.

There have been several threads recently from people, including myself, who have been suffering severe symptoms from long term VLC eating. Three weeks ago, I suddenly had an acute crisis that mimicked a thyroid crash...low HR, low BP, cold extremities, difficulty breathing, central sleep apnea, dizzyness, nausea, hypoglycemia etc. I landed in the ER only to have them tell me that everything was fine.

For some reason even those of us who have read the Primal Blueprint and other Paleo based books seem to easily lose our way and fall into the VLC trap. My reasoning was "Primal is good for weightloss so very low carb Primal will be better". In my case, the weight loss stalled and I became progressively sicker. Now, I am just fighting to get my health back by adding Primal approved carbs back into my diet. The weight loss can wait.
    Last edited by Pebbles67; 03-13-2012 at 10:24 AM.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

jilliebeans4 is offline Junior Member

Falling off the "Primal Wagon"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sisson View Post
    If you think you have a great topic for a blog post, are interested in doing a guest post for MDA, have a "Dear Mark" question or otherwise have a suggestion for me and the Worker Bees post it here. I'll check this forum periodically and try to address as many as possible.

Thanks!
    Dear Mark:

I went Primal a year ago and lost 85 pounds! I have always been a sugar and carb "addict" and for me it was always all or nothing (either a whole cake or non at all) so the Primal lifestyle enabled me to be in control and never feel deprived. I felt great! Recently however, I broke down and had something sweet for the first time in over a year (I'm not sure why I did this...maybe boredom? maybe testing myself? maybe stress?) Whatever the reason..I indulged in some desert and immediately started binging on everything sugary and carb loaded...it was like a switch was flicked back on! I managed to get back to Primal eating for a week or so after that, but my sweet cravings got the best of me again and I began another sugar and carb binge....I feel terrible and bloated and depressed.

My question to you is...How do I get back on track again and stay there? I can't seem to "get it together" and stay on track. Have I ruined all my progress over the past year? Has anyone else you have ever worked with gone through this? Any words of advice and support would be greatly appreciated!! I love living the Primal lifestyle and really want to get back to it!!!

Thank you!
    Jilliebeans4

Robinsoneion is offline Junior Member
    Interesting discussion about Blog post.... i am agree with all discussion... Thanks a lots..!!!

jilliebeans4 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Robinsoneion View Post
    Interesting discussion about Blog post.... i am agree with all discussion... Thanks a lots..!!!
    What??!!! Not sure what you are trying to say......

patski is offline Senior Member
    I'd love to see a post on Candida.

Hell, I'd love to write it!
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

susie q is offline Junior Member
    Having recently read a book about the Australian Aboriginals in the outback it would appear that hunter/gatherers in their case may routinely only eat one proper meal a day. Just because meat as a solid meal may be appropriate once a day doesn't automatically mean it is appropriate 3 or more times a day. Meat is surely not the easiest food to digest for many people. It would also appear that in other cultures other foods are chosen precisely because of the long digestion time required so people on a one meal a day schedule may choose foods such as peanuts for their one daily meal but these would not be appropriate should you be eating more than one meal.( ref:Healing with Whole Foods- Paul Pitchford)

gated312 is offline Member
    Dear Mark,

Two questions for you today. The first is pretty straightforward: what kinds of footwear do you recommend for sports? Mainly, I'm talking about indoor sports as most outdoor ones there is usually some kind of compromise. I was wondering about what your thoughts were on basketball and volleyball? I play the latter a couple times a week, but court shoes=lots of 'support'. More than anything, I'm worried about stress on joints, and the possibility of rolling an ankle.

Second, bit more of a personal question. I realize you're not Dr. Phil (not that I would really want his help in this situation anyways), but my fiancee was once on board with the primal lifestyle with me about a year and a half ago, but due to stress at school she backed a bit away from it. Now she is working towards getting back into a healthier lifestyle. However, she has begun to reinvest into CW, claiming that things like grains, etc can't be so bad. As a result, she has begun to make primal 'friendly' etc. I don't mean to come off as rude, but I don't want to eat it! They might be primal per se, but it seems like all she is trying to do is replace those foods. This has become a major source of tension and stress in our relationship. I know you're no therapist, but any advice?

Kevin

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast