Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 13

Zaphyr is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    OOh I thought of another thing you could do to shake it up, infographics. You could do them on a myriad of PB topics. This web site gives some excellent examples.

Infographics - GOOD

rocky* is offline Junior Member
    Hey Mark

I think a post about the role of the immune system in overtraining and training recovery would be great! I've recently overtrained myself to the point of visibly swollen and painfull lymphnodes which did not go away until I took a good week off. I was wondering mainly how the immune system is involved in exercise and recovery and what happens to it when we overtrain (as I understand from some of your posts, frequent illness is another sign of overtraining?)

thanks!

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky* View Post
    Hey Mark

I think a post about the role of the immune system in overtraining and training recovery would be great! I've recently overtrained myself to the point of visibly swollen and painfull lymphnodes which did not go away until I took a good week off. I was wondering mainly how the immune system is involved in exercise and recovery and what happens to it when we overtrain (as I understand from some of your posts, frequent illness is another sign of overtraining?)

thanks!
    I second this; I recall having a friend who suffered from bronchitis every so often. I'd like to tell him it was from overtraining, but I know he wouldn't listen to me. It also didn't help him he didn't get much sleep, himself

Miel822 is offline Junior Member
    The Beer Archaeologist | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine

Hi Mark-
    I'd love to get your take on this article and the topic of grains being imbibed long before they were eaten. Would that have affected how we metabolize them? Does it make them any less evil when drunk as alcohol?
    Thanks!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    There is all this info coming out about how hormones effect body shape & exercises that can change the effect. Is this for real or just broscience?

Examples:
    From Metabolic Effect
    Estrogen dominence = small breasts, large hips
    Progenterone dominence + larger breasts, small hips

From Did They Lie To You About Spot Reduction? | Lean Hybrid Muscle Building

Problem Area: “love handles”
    Hormone to Blame: Insulin
    Solution Hormone: IGF-1
    How to stimulate IGF-1 release: “Dynamic” Training

Problem Area: hips, butt, thighs and/or “man boobs”
    Hormone to Blame: Estrogen
    Solution Hormone: Testosterone
    How to stimulate Testosterone release: “Density” Training

Problem Area: “belly/stomach”
    Hormone to Blame: Cortisol
    Solution Hormone: Growth Hormone
    How to stimulate IGF-1 release: “Lactic Acid” Training
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Also will you pretty please make your own organic grass fed dehydrated organ pills? These are too expensive for animal parts considered by many to be "pet meat". Maybe the $15-20 price range? You will really help us squeamish eaters.
    Organic Organ Delight - The Ultimate Traditional Superfood
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

shoelvr27 is offline Junior Member
    Hi Mark,
    I am totally new to this forum. I have been doing a bit of research and recently picked up your book. I have a couple of questions though...
    1. When eating your meat (higher in fat and grain fed)-do you eat this with a vegi? Or another source of fat?
    2. How do you decide on the Macronutrient %? My current BMI intake should be 1650 for neutral energy, about 1250 for loss.
    My goal is fat loss. I would like to loose about 5%.
    Secondly, how do you feel about carb/calorie cycling? Should you ONLY do this if you are lean and want to tweak the last bit of fat you want to loose? I have also read that these "refeeds" should only last up to 3 months then you should return to a neutral balance energy requirement. Instead of eating grains, could you just refeed w/ vegi? Just using starchy ones?
    What are your thoughts?

Alex Good is offline Senior Member
    Mark,
    Is the threshold for ketosis based on a person's size? I just wanted to know because I've been enjoying berry season and am hoping someone who is 6'4" starts ketosis at around 75g of carbohydrates rather than 50g.

EDIT: I know I don't need to be in ketosis but I love the way animals are all afraid of humans when we smell like predators.
    Last edited by Alex Good; 08-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Dear Mark:

In thinking about the seasonal variations of diet it struck me that mammals in the temperate and frigid zones w/o an exception that I know about, fatten up in the summer to survive the winter. As relates to a human in New England I find I have been hitting the sweet fruit like peaches and watermelon etc more as abundance and ripeness increase the appeal (sugar of course) and decrease the price.

So, my own personal weight loss has slowed but I fully expect as the days grow colder I will naturally migrate back to higher fat lower carb meat/fish centric eating. I figure it's an average, not just over days or weeks but over the seasons as well. I'm not particularly concerned about it personally but am suggesting it as a blog post/Dear Mark.

Thanks, Peter.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

otzi Guest
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hunting season is here or approaching all over the country. How about a blog post on what to do with a dead big-game animal (elk, deer, hog, moose).

CW is to field-dress it w/most hunters leaving the organs behind. Then you either butcher it yourself or take it to a game processor to make steaks, roasts and burger. The burger is almost always mixed with 20% beef or pork fat from questionable sources. The remaining is made into high-nitrate sausages and snack sticks. The bones are wholly discarded.

I would love to see a good post on alternative ways to handle a big game animal with a paleo bent.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast