Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 11

straydog01 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So, I just watched the documentary "Food Matters" and it was stated (based upon experimentation) that cooked food is seen by the body to be toxic and that the body deploys a white cell reaction. It was further found that if at least 51% of a meal was 'raw', that the body would not have this negative reaction to food and thus would not strain our already overworked immune systems. It has to do with the foods enzymes being destroyed during the cooking process. My questions are: is this accurate? should we be eating more raw foods? and if so, we should really change how we do business in the kitchen. It seems like most of the recipes on this site at least use healthy ingredients, but if cooking turns them into toxins we're not doing much good. Your thoughts Mark??

Adam

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Here's a suggested topic for Mark's blog-
    The "net carbs" calculation.

I started a thread on it in a different part of the forum, and you can see how it went:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27565.html

Stevemid is offline Junior Member
    Dear Mark,

Firstly, I'd like to say I really enjoyed your book and visit the website daily - I now pester friends and family into trying the primal lifestyle whenever possible!

I was wondering if you have any 'definitive' answers as to how suitable the Primal Blueprint diet is for people with a predisposition to gout. I have suffered on-and-off for a number of years but have always tried to control it via diet, rather than medication, however it appears that many of the foods recommended for primal living are high in the dreaded purines, known to trigger gout attacks, and unfortunately I do appear to be experiencing more frequent flare-ups in the 3 months since I went 'fully primal' (particularly after an IF day).

I have been keeping-up my hydration, taking high doses of vitamin C, being careful with alcohol intake and also eating plenty of cherries; which are all natural methods that are generally considered effective at preventing gout attacks, but I am beginning to wonder if I will have to reluctantly give up on the Primal diet (which would be a great shame as I am enjoying the many benefits it provides) so thought I'd ask to see if you could offer any advice on this subject.

Thanks again,

Steve M.

primalprincess7 is offline Senior Member
    Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), success for pcos, research, advice etc.

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    How about primal when traveling for those of us that work outside of our country. Not only while traveling but when in different cultures and countries where finding things like grass-fed beef may be an issue.

Also about primal living in general. Benefits/harm of things like air conditioning, artificial heaters, electric lights used all the time, etc.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Outkastland is offline Junior Member
    Dear Mark,

I have a good friend that was diagnosed with Cardiomyopathy and I think primal eating is the way to recovery. He has Colitis and stomach ulcers so his diet needs to be very specific. I'm not sure who out there has these conditions and how the manage them with the primal blueprint. This is a very serious thing as my friend is now at a high risk of death and he is only 39. I am hoping to come up with a diet plan for him that will help heal and not aggravate his colitis. Please help him and others like him!

Regards,
    Carmen

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post
    Here's a suggested topic for Mark's blog-
    The "net carbs" calculation.

I started a thread on it in a different part of the forum, and you can see how it went:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread27565.html
    DFH, I couldn't agree with you more. This question needs a definitive answering, not just a thread that goes round and round with interesting opinions.

Glitch is offline Junior Member
    Dear Mark,

I am actually not currently living the Primal Lifestyle.. However, i'm seeing the effects on people around me and want in on the action. The only problem I have with doing this, is that i have not eaten a single meat product in 10 years. My diet, however is not like that of a typical vegetarian, i eat a lot of cheeses and Grains. Although reading everything about what grain does, watching movies like "Fat Head" and watching friends and family has lead me to be disgusted with my own lifestyle, I still find it hard to take that first step. Any suggestions?

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Oxidative stress of charred meat/foods? Not charred as in cooked to death but just a little bit of good crust you know

Red Recruit is offline Junior Member
    Hi, Mark. I was wondering if you have any advice for someone who practices Primal Blueprint living, all aspects, but is gearing up to go to Army Basic Combat Training. There will be obstacles in terms of foods that I would normally choose to eat not being an option, too much bread & rice, etc. Any advice?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast