Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggest a Blog Post Topic page 10

Caycast is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I am a diabetic who needs to know if there are restrictions to your plan that I should observe. I want to begin by using the info on your website.
    Is that advisable? I have ordered your book and cookbook. Thanks, Caycast

unfiltered01 is offline Junior Member
    I would love suggestions on the best things to eat/drink when....
    - you are hungry right before bed
    - you just chose to eat some cake/refined flour/sugar
    - you are having a few glasses of wine

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Dear Mark, I am an on call shift worker. What can I do to maximise my health since I work odd hours?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    I would love to see a guide to buying local & natural meats at reasonable prices. So many people seem unable to find the good stuff, depending on where they are living. It's not a problem for me, really, but it seems to be for a lot of people.

Velocity is offline Senior Member
    I'm curious as to whether there has been a post in the past about how much walking (per a time frame -- day, week, etc.) that it is speculated that our ancestors did.

If there isn't such a post, it'd be cool to see one!
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

ncm11.0 is offline Junior Member
    Have you addressed the challenge of convincing carb addicted teenagers that this is good for them?

PrimalWannabeGirl is offline Senior Member
    Dear Mark,

As a person who has been both an overtrained athlete (Crossfit and long-distance cycling) and a broken-down, inflammation-ridden, sedentary fat person (due to the aforementioned breakdown), I would love to see a series of posts on using the Primal Blueprint for healing.

I mean, WWGD? What would Grok do if he (or Grokkette) were injured or sick? What does the research show? Feed a cold, starve a fever or the other way round? Is fasting helpful in healing? What if your problems are chronic? What foods are especially good for healing? How does the PB exercise plan change when you are rehabbing or coming back from surgery or injury? How can we listen to our bodies?

Also.......would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see issues of conception,menstruation, pregnancy, and nursing a child addressed. There's nothing more primal than reproduction! It's the whole point....to live long enough and healthy enough to bear offspring. There are a lot of women asking these questions in the forum. You might find it useful to conduct a survey and start to gather data on women's experience with these aspects of primal life.

Thank you for everything!
    PWG

Alison is offline Member
    Hi Mark! I don't want this to seem selfish or biased but I was wondering I guess for a woman's sake if you could give the women on the forum or site a chance to take a sneak peak into your wife's daily routine/nutrition...a day in the life of Mrs. Sisson=) We can all only aspire to be as fit as she is! I, myself, don't have but about 10 pounds to lose to be pretty lean and seeing as how Mrs. Sisson looks sooo darn good and lean, I just thought I would ask. ps I would like to look the best I possibly can for my wedding day in July! If this has been covered in the past I would love to follow up on the link. Thank you=)

Eva Lution is offline Member

More on meat

Like two previous posters, I have some meat questions as well. I have seen references here to the importance of Omega 6/3 balance and do have inflammation concerns. I'm trying to lose weight (have lost 11 pounds since I started here 1/3/2011! Thanks!)

I eat mostly poultry, some salmon, and bacon (mmmm, bacon). I don't fear fat.

I was a vegetarian for 10+ years until I hit your site, so the switch has been a bit of a shock to my husband (still a veghead), and I think bringing in a steak might send him over the edge at this point, but I have access to clean meat (a very progressive small city in the midwest), so beef and pork are in my future, it's just a matter of when.

The questions then: What is the best meat? How do Omegas play into this? What would an optimal weekly mix of meats, nuts, eggs, and dairy look like?

Thanks!

Eva

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    How about looking into the effects of standing too much? I work in retail and all I do all day is walk with some standing at the till. Someone who works as a cashier full-time,for example, would be on their feet in one spot for approximately 8 hours per day. We know what happens if you sit too much but what about standing too much?
    Calm the f**k down.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast