Thread: Hi all, from a cloudy, rocky, windy, Irish coast. page

Billy is offline Junior Member

Hi all, from a cloudy, rocky, windy, Irish coast.

Hi people
    I,ve been on Primal for a couple of months know with great results and lots of helpful ideas from this forum.I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions on food for work as i work graveyard shifts 9pm to 9am and since i drive for my job i cant cook anything on the move.Getting fed up with cold chicken and homemade veg soups.Thanks.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome Billy!

Hard boiled eggs?
    Lots of meats are good cold. But I suspect you want something hot that will keep.
    Other soups?
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    try searching lunch options on the forums - this topic seems to come up frequently and there are lots of great ideas out there that you don't want to miss.

Also, check out Primal Kitchen - great postings on packed lunch ideas.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

Animord is offline Member
    Hi Billy, welcome from North Cork!

I have been making omlettes with a little cheese and a couple of crispy rashers - surprisingly good cold. Also a big bag of salad works for me.

Chicken - I know you are eating it already, but I cut it into strips dip it in egg and sesame seeds and fry it - like chicken gougons - it is great cold - and handy to eat.

I am also going to experiment with fritatta, like a quiche but without the crust. I will let you know how this goes if you are interested.

Regards
    Animord

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I roast a turkey breast once a week, slice it up and keep it in the fridge for all those times I need protein quickly and on the go. I have it with a tomato, half an avocado, a drizzle of flaxoil and sometimes an egg and some macadamias. And it makes for easy quick salads too (if you add a bit of whole-egg mayo you get a pretty filling meal).

Hi Animord

Funny hearing the word rashers on the site, i tried your chicken idea absolutely great thanks for the help.

Thanks Glamorama that will be great in a tupperware box, i,ll try it tonight.

Animord is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    Hi Animord

Funny hearing the word rashers on the site, i tried your chicken idea absolutely great thanks for the help.
    lol! Rashers are the business!

Laoch is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Just for the record I'm based in Limerick. Would love to meet up with other Primals.