Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crusty Faced Grok? page

iammysticyte is offline Member

Crusty Faced Grok?

Primal Fuel
    When I transitioned to a primal lifestyle a year ago, I went from showering every morning with shampoo, face wash and body wash to rinsing off with just water every few days. It was liberating!

However, I soon realized that those morning showers served to remove dead skin/morning crust from my face. I have since gone back to showering with just water every morning, but actually rubbing the gunk off of my face and then using moisturizer. My face feels a million times better.

So, I am just conditioned to enjoy a gunk free face or did Grok put water on his face in the morning? I am an avid camper, so I don't mind being a little dirty when I'm outdoors, but it is different when I am sitting at my desk at work.

Do any of you guys have problems with crust and, if so, how do you deal with it?

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    everyone knows that Grok would never shower or wash his face. give it a try! I'm sure your friends and co-workers will love your healthy clean caveman scent.

Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    everyone knows that Grok would never shower or wash his face. give it a try! I'm sure your friends and co-workers will love your healthy clean caveman scent.
    honestly, I am not a particularly stinky dude, so stink was not an issue. Just the general crustiness.

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I like a quick face wash with plain cool water in the morning, followed by drying with a towel to exfoliate a little. I was doing this for years before I went primal, and people always compliment me on my skin.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Here's the thing, when everyone is "natural", nobody notices. But when you're the only one, EVERYONE notices.

No, washing and removing dirt and gunk is not natural. But that won't earn you any rewards in society. Culture dictates you be fresh faced and glowing and smell like fresh washed unicorns. It's not natural, but it will let you keep your job. The best you can hope to do is get as close to the expected results as possible while still maintaining a healthy body. If that means exfoliating and moisturizing, then so be it, but just try to do the least amount of harm possible.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i am a naturally oily person and my head seems even more so. given my afro-celtic decent i dont have a clue what to do for my greasy goop , evey once in a while i just use baking soda.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    i am a naturally oily person and my head seems even more so. given my afro-celtic decent i dont have a clue what to do for my greasy goop , evey once in a while i just use baking soda.
    yeah, apparently I'm the only person who developed dandruff AFTER going primal, so I feel you. Maybe our diets are still off, but most likely paleo is not a magic bullet for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteVick View Post
    Here's the thing, when everyone is "natural", nobody notices. But when you're the only one, EVERYONE notices.

No, washing and removing dirt and gunk is not natural. But that won't earn you any rewards in society. Culture dictates you be fresh faced and glowing and smell like fresh washed unicorns. It's not natural, but it will let you keep your job. The best you can hope to do is get as close to the expected results as possible while still maintaining a healthy body. If that means exfoliating and moisturizing, then so be it, but just try to do the least amount of harm possible.
    haha...I couldn't agree more! I just read an article about Bradley Cooper where he mentions that he does not wear cologne or deodorant. Well then, I say he's basically primal! Muahahaha.

marqueemoon is offline Senior Member
    My point was that this is not about exactly imitating what "Grok" would have done because that is beyond retarded. Relax and wash your damn face. No need to ask an internet forum if it's "Grok approved" or whatever. Christ.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Do what works for you.

Personally I continue to use soap and shampoo because I love handmade scented soap, and I have an extensive perfume collection. None of it causes me any trouble and it brings me enjoyment. It's possible my primal ancestor dabbed herself with good smelling stuff when she found it for the same reason I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast