Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why am I still Hungry??? page

Satori75 is offline Member

Why am I still Hungry???

Hello all!

I am a 36 year old healthy guy, who because of a high carb diet all of my life, have a bit of an insulin issue... Blood sugar crashes, etc... I have never been able to stay on the low carb diets, as I have always been moody, and hungry.. After 20 years of killing myself in the gym and not getting the results that I want, I am confident that I need to stay on a low carb diet for not only dropping weight, but also just for good health. I am determined to make this work, and look forward to my body switching over to burning fat for fuel... I have a solid 15 to 20 pounds that I can lose, and ask for some help with my diet, as I'm still hungry all of the time. After I eat 7 whole eggs, fried in butter, with an orange, I'm starving within 40 minutes.... Why is that? Not enough heavy protein? For another meal, I had about a half pound of meatloft, with a LOT of green beans, with two tablespoons of flaxseed oil, and a few strawberrie's with whipcream. Again, starving within an hour... Why are these meals not filling me up? It's been two weeks, and I appreciate any info!! Thanks!

Hello Sartori75,

I would definitely drop the fruit and dairy to get you situated with the PB. After a couple of weeks you may want to try one fruit (not oranges) probably blueberries and see if the craving return.

Hello Sartori75,

I would definitely drop the fruit and dairy to get you situated with the PB. After a couple of weeks you may want to try one fruit (not oranges) probably blueberries and see if the craving return.

wildwabbit is offline Senior Member
    too much fruit and whipped cream(ok if you make it yourself) , not enough fat (i.e meatloaf meal, needs to be more fatty)

girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you do need to eat more. Maybe you are just more hungry some days and need the food. I'm a middle aged female with a desk job and I can eat a half pound of meat in a meal some days. Is that a bad thing? If you can eat the volume and not gain weight, do you care? Two weeks in, your body is still adjusting. Being hungry before the meal is good. Being hungry after the meal means you didn't eat enough.

Here is a question - where are the vegetables? Of course, you are only highlighting two meals but it looks as if you are eating meat and fruit. Mark eats 6-11 servings of vegetables a day. How much is a lot of green beans? 1 cup? One cup of veggies with a 1/2 pound of meat seems a bit low on the veggies. How many raw veggies do you eat? The nutrient dense and nutrients you can't get from meat, full of fiber which should help you feel full. It's not just about meat - hunters and gatherers

Go eat more real food.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    Where are the fats? A major component of PB is fat. And it helps you feel full.

This is NOT just "low carb." It's not adkins, it's not south beach, etc. It's a very specific method.

First step is to purchase this-- you'll understand why your meatloaf and strawberries are not doing the trick:

Amazon.com: The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy (Primal Blueprint Series) (9780982207703): Mark Sisson: Books

abstractpersona is offline Senior Member
    because of a high carb diet all of my life, have a bit of an insulin issue... Blood sugar crashes, etc... I have never been able to stay on the low carb diets, as I have always been moody, and hungry..
    ... Umm, hello? Isn't the answer obvious? You asnwered your question on the first paragraph of your own question. You can't just flip a switch overnight and magically not get hungry anymore! You didn't become insulin resistant overnight, and you won't heal it overnight.

For now, focus on eating real food. You don't have to eat very low carb! Eat high carb vegetables if you need to! You don't have to inhale a carton of eggs!
    For now, focus on eating when you are hungry, and stop when you feel satisfied. Repeat when you're hungry again. Just make sure to keep the food primal! Just doing this will make you lose weight, if you need to.

If you do this, eventually you will be able to go for longer periods of time without feeling hunger. It could take days, weeks, or months. At that point, start reducing the high carb vegetables if you want to.
    Last edited by abstractpersona; 07-19-2011 at 11:10 AM.
    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

sixtoesgirl is offline Member
    When I first went primal I was hungry all the time, too. I just ate primal foods. As my body was re-setting, I eventually did not feel the need to eat as much. I ate nuts, apples, berries, jerky, anything primal. I felt like I was starving to death in the beginning. I think your body will reset itself after a while. I was still losing weight, despite all the fruit and nuts (and I ate tons!).

Keep at it and your body should reset itself soon.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    If your hunger after meals is prolonged (over 30 min) and increasing in intensity no matter how much you seem to eat, try IF or Warrior eating schedule. I know it sounds counter-intuitive. But that's the only thing that helped me to deal with extreme hunger issues. Somehow it seems that anything i eat in the morning only teases my appetite and pushes me to seek and devour more food. If I ignore hunger in the am, the hunger spikes are very short (under 15 min) and not intense. My stomach doesn't even rumble any more, and it used to sing songs so loudly (and that's after 3 breakfasts!) it was embarising. I even experienced pains in my stomach I was so ravenous, and I woudl wake up at 2 am starved like I haven't seen food for a week. Now I am good on a cup of broth and a good dinner.

Satori75 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thank you all for your feedback... I am a very active guy, who works out often and I have a very demanding job, working for 12 hours a day. I'm not sure if cutting out the fruit, would leave me with enough carbs. I'm trying to keep them at 50 now. I actually do very well with oranges. Its interesting thought, that after that meal last night with the meatloft, and greenbeans, strawberries and whipcream, that I was straving within an hour. Than I had two handfuls of almonds, still starving. An hour later, I had a protein shake, with some coconut oil, still hungry. I was so hungry that I couldnt fall asleep, and had to have a few handfuls of sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Still couldnt fall asleep, and had to have a protein bar..... How long does it take to switch the body from being insulin resistant? What else would you reccomend adding to my diet??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast