Thread: Nice WSJ Video on Random Workouts with 20-sided Die page

cheapo is offline Senior Member

Nice WSJ Video on Random Workouts with 20-sided Die

Primal Fuel

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    good video. i sort of wish he gave a list of his workouts though...that would be a great way to keep things changing. i've been trying to randomize my workouts lately; it's a lot easier to just follow a program. i like not always knowing what i'll be doing, but i also feel like i could occasionally be neglecting something too.

Laoch is offline Junior Member
    Looks like he needs to get primal. Nice belly on him.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    good video. i sort of wish he gave a list of his workouts though...that would be a great way to keep things changing. i've been trying to randomize my workouts lately; it's a lot easier to just follow a program. i like not always knowing what i'll be doing, but i also feel like i could occasionally be neglecting something too.
    Found this thread when I came on here to link to the article, which I read in the print edition yesterday. The article has a list of his workouts (scroll down - it's in the sidebar on the left). Some fun stuff! Sounds like he works out way too much and too long and eats crap (CW "healthy" plus lots of pasta and candy), but he does do some fun workouts.
    Last edited by ennasirk; 07-20-2011 at 05:18 PM.
    "Sometimes, you need to make sure the angel on your shoulder has a wingman." -Me

My primal log

szorn is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Do the same thing with standard dice or even playing cards.

When using the dice you can assign an exercise and desired reps to each side. Roll one die, two, three, or even more. Then perform the exercises in your chosen order. I prefer to use two die and perform the exercises back to back then roll again and repeat for a specified period of time, say 30 minutes.

A deck of cards can be fun and brutal if you do the entire deck. Assign an exercise to each suit. The number on the card will be the required number of reps, or multiply that number times 2 or 3 to make it even more brutal. Assign a specified exercise and rep count to the face cards. This will give you a total of 9 exercises and a completely random workout.

In order to make the workouts a little more structured just make sure to cover all of the bases- upper, lower, core, cardio. This way you won't neglect anything.

Steve
    Last edited by szorn; 07-20-2011 at 06:35 PM.