Thread: Love Handles? page

Chad2298 is offline Junior Member

Love Handles?

I'll start with a little background. I am 17, I have been strictly primal for almost 6 months now. I am following a very high protein, high fat and low carb diet (less that 50 carbs a day). I sprint once a week, following the Tabata sprinting technique. I do kettlebell swings 3 times a week and otherwise I follow my own schedule of P90X. My issue is that my love handles will not go away, they're not horrible but it is starting to annoy me. I feel great, I look the best I ever have, and I am in the best shape of my life, but every time I look in the mirror and see that I still have love handles I get discouraged. The only part of PB that I haven't been doing is intermittent fasting, I did it for about 2 months straight, once a week, for 24 hours and I didn't notice that It was doing much so I stopped. Any tips? Should I start IF again? And if so what are your opinions on which version of it I should do.

Thanks in advance.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I know it's hard. But I would say be patient.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

pixel is offline Junior Member
    getting enough water? sleep? (yes, sleep is important) recovery between workouts? those are the first three things i would check. love handles on a primal 17 yr old should melt away pretty easily.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't IF, you're still so young. you need to supply your body with as much NUTRITION as you are hungry for. maybe your body is holding on to that little bit of fat simply because you're still growing?

js290 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad2298 View Post
    I'll start with a little background. I am 17... but every time I look in the mirror and see that I still have love handles I get discouraged.
    Fatty Acid Oxidation
    How to Lower Your Blood Sugar