Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IFing and work outs page

jens522 is offline Senior Member

IFing and work outs

Shop Now
    I recently started IF and liking it. I usually do a 16-18 hr fast, but sometimes 24 hours. My last meal can sometimes be around 3 pm and I work out the next day at around 9 am. I have a black coffee before my workout. Sometimes if my energy is kinda on the low side, I will grab a piece of fruit like an orange or peach. Is this beneficial? I am screwing up my fast? Any advice is appreciated.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    A piece of fruit will cause an insulin spike and take you out of a fasted state. It will replenish your glycogen supply though. Berries are the only for of fruit that are a staple in my diet personally.

jens522 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. So you just work out fasted?

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I workout fasted in the morning and again fasted around noonish then I have lunch. I would also suggest having some protein in addition to or instead of just a piece of fruit. Just fruit after a night's fast will cause an insulin spike without readily available protein which isn't a good thing if you're trying to gain or maintain muscle mass.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I lift fasted first thing in the morning, no problems any more. But cardio is very hard fasted & anything high intensity when I get over 10 hout fasting mark. I had near faint experiences when doing Zumba or swimming on the tail end of the fast (into 18'th-20'th hour). For me the recharge of choice is a cup of chicken broth (20 cals, within the 50 cal limit), or if I decide to do cardio in the evening I have canned fish or egg whites with a bit of veg. I'd rather break the fast than have a crush in the middle of the cardio.

otzi Guest
    I workout fairly heavy in the fasted state 3 days a week, walk 30-45 minutes the other 2 days also fasted. I workout around 10am and eat at 1130 or so. 1st meal is something like 2 chicken breasts, veggies or salad, and rice or potatoes once or twice a week. If I do fruit it's in the evening with second meal.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I got used to it.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member

I check and see if I am still working on my leptin sensitivity before I do my IF'ing....

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DFH View Post

I check and see if I am still working on my leptin sensitivity before I do my IF'ing....

I asked in another thread or 2, but doesn't that plan have a 14 hr IF?

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    It's three meals a day, no snacks. You could consider that a 13-14 hour IF window.

But, the IF thing kind of loses meaning if everyone who does 3 meals and no snacks is also IF'ing, wouldn't it?

All we would be left with is IF=No snacks.

If that is true then, just say "no snacks."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast