Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 eggs = knockout? page

Freedish is offline Senior Member

3 eggs = knockout?

Well it's been 5 months since I've stopped primal and I've gained a lot of weight back so I'm starting up again. So far so good except for a minor problem...in the mornings when I have my 3 eggs I begin feeling so lethargic that I can't concentrate on my work and end up in bed again...

I only have 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil, nothing to drink. Should I add a fruit or veggie to this?

Also, I get plenty of rest, with an average of 10-11 hours a night, so i know its not from a lack of sleep...
    And I don't remember having this problem last time I was primal...maybe it will take my body a while to get used to running off fat again. Any suggestions??

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Have you tried having something else for breakfast with a similar macro-nutrient profile and seeing if the results are the same?

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Carb flu.
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
    Have you tried having something else for breakfast with a similar macro-nutrient profile and seeing if the results are the same?
    I think so. Last week I had some left over beef and cheese for breakfast. Same thing happened. I was back in bed for an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Nion View Post
    Carb flu.
    Are you sure? I had carb flu last time I went primal, and this doesn't feel the same...

This only happens in the mornings, directly right after I eat breakfast.

Then again you could be right...

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedish View Post
    I only have 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil, nothing to drink. Should I add a fruit or veggie to this?
    If you want.

Also, I get plenty of rest, with an average of 10-11 hours a night, so i know its not from a lack of sleep...
    And I don't remember having this problem last time I was primal...maybe it will take my body a while to get used to running off fat again. Any suggestions??
    L-glutamine.

Apparently, the brain can use it temporarily for fuel, so it can be useful while your metabolism is switching over.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Are you hungry when you wake up, or are you just eating because you think you are supposed to?

davem is offline Senior Member
    why do you have to eat in the morning?

Why do you have to go back to bed?
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

prodistat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedish View Post
    Well it's been 5 months since I've stopped primal and I've gained a lot of weight back so I'm starting up again. So far so good except for a minor problem...in the mornings when I have my 3 eggs I begin feeling so lethargic that I can't concentrate on my work and end up in bed again...

I only have 3 eggs cooked in coconut oil, nothing to drink.
    I have a co-worker who has the same problem. It turned out that he was allergic/intolerant of eggs. If you have them with lunch, do you experience the same symptoms? Try having 1/4 - 1/2 pound of beef in the morning instead. If you still get tired, it could be carb flu. If not, I would suspect the eggs being the problem.
    Prodistat
    Poke it quickly, with a stick.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by prodistat View Post
    I have a co-worker who has the same problem. It turned out that he was allergic/intolerant of eggs. If you have them with lunch, do you experience the same symptoms? Try having 1/4 - 1/2 pound of beef in the morning instead. If you still get tired, it could be carb flu. If not, I would suspect the eggs being the problem.
    +1

Egg allergy is not uncommon, so it's something to be considered. Try prodistat's suggestion and see what happens. If eggs are the problem, you might still be able to have them every 5-7 days. Some people with food allergies can get away with that schedule for a food they are sensitive to.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast