Thread: Juicing page

Rock is offline Junior Member

Juicing

I have been living Primaly for 18 months and love it. I am not a veggie guy and my doctor has suggested I juice in order to improve some of my numbers. I am 50, 5'9 168 with 15% body fat. I have a juicer but, man, it is so time consuming.

Which pre-made bottles of juices sold today are the best out there?

Thanks for your help.

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    none. pretty much all bottled juice is just sugar water.

Maybe v-8, but honestly, you're better off juicing your own veggies. Vegetables begin to lose their nutrients in a very short time after juicing, and bottled juices have all been pasteurized, killing any nutrients that might have survived.

I would suggest smoothies though, as you can add fat to allow your body to absorb the fat soluble vitamins in the veggies. My fav recipe for a green smoothie is:

Handful of spinach
    handful of kale
    1/2 avocado
    1 small banana
    handful of berries
    blend with some kombucha tea until smooth

That gives you all the substance of the plants, not just the sugar spike.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    If you are going to juice, I'd suggest you juice just once a day, at a time that suits you best. I juice in the mornings when I'm drinking my coffee. I make about a litre and a half at a time. As it fills up, I pour my juicer container into a big jug several times, stir it all up to mix the various veggies together, then divvy it out into 3 pint mason jars and 1 large glass for immediate consumption. The jars go into the fridge or my lunchbag to become lunch, mid-afternoon pick-me-up (my personal problem time), and supper. Then rinse everything clean and I'm done for the day. Supper prep or evening juicing would work, too - whatever fits into your life.

Troat is offline Junior Member
    I couldn't rather tell, but it would appear from the documentary cited that individuals drank only like 21 ounces at a time. I have left to my home juice bar, outside the gym, for 55 ounces at once! Is that a waste, then??

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WTF is up with all these juicing threads? LOL. 5 have shot up in the last week.
    Sorry for the tangent. Go back to discussing juice and stuff.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.