Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fitday page

Lindsay0311 Guest

Primal Fuel

Hey

So real quick...I have been using myfitnesspal for quite sometime. I decided to try and start a fitday account because everyone talks so highly of it..The trouble I am finding though is I can't find specific foods. I have to create practically every item and it is very time consuming...just wondering if there are any tips to get going with fitday. I want to use it so I can really see the charts but it seems way more complicated then myfitnesspal.

Lovestoclimb is offline Senior Member

what kinds of foods are you looking for.

I grok, therefore I am.

nina_70 Guest

I'd actually really like the answer to this to. I've been using My Daily Plate and tried to switch to fitday, but couldn't find anything. My very first search (fried eggs) yielded not a single result for actual "fried eggs" (the first hit was scrambled eggs, the second McDonald's scrambled eggs). Then, I tried searching Designer Whey Protein Powder. Again, a bunch of generic hits, but not specific hit. Same thing w/ "cheddar cheese"...the first hit was "cheddar cheese soup"?? In Daily Plate they have almost every brand-name and food & what you search is what you get. I've given up on fitday. Is there a special way to use it?

misathemeb is offline Member

fitday allows you to create custom foods and i feel that keeps you more accountable. try searching for eggs first then search the ingredient you fried them in and enter the amount 1tbsp etc. you get a much better idea of what you're actually taking in when you break it down by ingredients

nina_70 Guest

OK. Sorry if I'm being dense, but even a search for "eggs" doesn't give me a single hit on actual, normal eggs. I just typed it in and 1st hit was "Mcdonald's, scrambled eggs", then "eggs, scrambled, frozen"...then stuff with fish in it.

What am I doing wrong?

hakman73 Guest

You have to get used to fitday searches

Try "Egg, whole, fried" for fried eggs.

It seems that lots of stuff just doesn't come out with the search so you might try different keywords.

For example "beef" doesn't get you a lot of beef related foods - try it, it's a good laugh!

but.. if you know how to do search you'll find them..

It just takes time to get used to

nina_70 Guest

OK. I see the difference. Looks like the fitday searches are very tempermental. I originally tried "eggs, whole, fried" and got nothing related. Even making the egg (single) into eggs (plural) knocked out the search completely. But, once I got it singular, I got the hits. I'm going to have to mess around w/ this some more, but I see the issue now.

How about searching for specific brand-names? Any tricks to that? e.g. Designer Whey Protein Powder?

hakman73 Guest

I guess there are major fast-food chain items present, but I don't think this applies to supplements. In fact I'd be surprised if you'll find any protein powder there at all.

I save myself a headache and just do custom foods with my supplements and vitamins. Once they are in place it's easy..

nina_70 Guest

OK. Gotcha..thanks for taking me thro' it. Hopefully it answers Lindsay0311's questions too. Looks like some initial set-up required, but I see how it works now.

Lindsay0311 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

This does...I was having the same problems as nina....hopefully I can get used to this because it is very interesting seeing the graphs...it sounds like it can be time consuming too but I guess I will have to deal with it..thanks for the insight!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast