Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best places for a quick primal meal on the go? page

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member

Best places for a quick primal meal on the go?

I know Mark has a lot of information for what to do in restaurants, but how about some suggestions for "faster" places?

I don't mean McDonalds, but, for example,

One place I frequent is a local "fresh mex" chain called Salsarita's. I can get a large salad with beef or pork on it, and the guacamole is free, so I have them pile it on.. as well as some other veg. It's a great primal lunch.

Any other ideas?

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Most burger joints in my area will have protein-style burgers (no bun, usually wrapped in lettuce). Ask for it without sauce and it's good in my book. Anything with meat and vege will work.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Yvonne PHX Guest
    I get salads at Chipotle. Replace the beans and rice with the fajita peppers. Pico de Gallo instead of dressing. Yum. And, my kids eat it up.

pdovers is offline Senior Member
    Texas Bar-B-Q!!!! Can't beat it. All kinds of meat available and veggies on the side.

Also, I've had good luck at Wendys. They have pretty good salads with chicken.

Boston Market is also a good choice. You can get chicken or turkey and salad and veggies.
    Last edited by pdovers; 07-18-2011 at 09:39 AM.

astronmr20 is offline Senior Member
    But BBQ sauce is usually loaded with sugar or HFCS in many cases, correct?

pdovers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by astronmr20 View Post
    But BBQ sauce is usually loaded with sugar or HFCS in many cases, correct?
    BBQ sauce is not primal so stay away from it. The BBQ places in Texas (the ones I've been to) do not put sauce on the meat. They have it there for you to add on top if you want it. The meat is slow cooked with spices and primal as far as I know, but don't quote me, I am no expert.

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I love the salads at Chipotle. I get the pulled pork over lettuce with guacamole and pico de gallo. No dressing. The guacamole and salsa are enough. The pulled pork doesn't have soybean oil, either. Most of their other burrito fillings do.

Blackbird is offline Senior Member
    I go to Whole Foods or New Seasons. Sometimes I hit the salad bar, and sometimes a trip to the deli for that flatiron steak is the ticket.
    Downside--expensive.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pdovers View Post
    BBQ sauce is not primal so stay away from it. The BBQ places in Texas (the ones I've been to) do not put sauce on the meat. They have it there for you to add on top if you want it. The meat is slow cooked with spices and primal as far as I know, but don't quote me, I am no expert.
    the problem i have w/ bbq places is that mostly there really is no "veg" at all. I don't want beans or potato salad & most places use way too much mayo in the cole slaw. just my personal gripe.

Karma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My go to for burgers is In-n-Out burger (protein style/animal style/ 4 patty)

My Other staple is El Pollo Loco. Chicken platter with double veggies.

On occasion I will hit the Panda Express by my house, lots of options there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast