Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Cauliflower, the other white...vegetable?? page

  1. #1
    Kabonk George's Avatar
    Kabonk George is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28

    Cauliflower, the other white...vegetable??

    Primal Fuel
    White rice, brown rice, or...cauliflower??

    YES! Cauliflower!

    http://paleospirit.com/2011/i-have-m...r-rice-recipe/

  2. #2
    Lily Marie's Avatar
    Lily Marie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    717
    I just made pureed cauliflower the other day to substitute for mashed potatoes. It was really good.
    Steamed Cauliflower - 1/2 a head
    3 cloves of garlic - steamed with the cauliflower and crushed (I just smash it with the flat side of a knife. It stays whole, but is broken open)
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Butter (I used cream) - I used about 1/3 cup

    Toss it all in a food processor and mix til creamy. I'm not going to miss the potatoes.

  3. #3
    geostump's Avatar
    geostump is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ohio, its not the heart of it all
    Posts
    10,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I just made pureed cauliflower the other day to substitute for mashed potatoes. It was really good.
    Steamed Cauliflower - 1/2 a head
    3 cloves of garlic - steamed with the cauliflower and crushed (I just smash it with the flat side of a knife. It stays whole, but is broken open)
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Butter (I used cream) - I used about 1/3 cup

    Toss it all in a food processor and mix til creamy. I'm not going to miss the potatoes.
    Along this line, I like roasted garlic in mine or garlic herb butter. I just use sour cream. Tastes a ton better.

  4. #4
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    Cauliflower has quickly become my superhero in the kitchen. Particularly cauliflower rice and cauliflower mash. Now that I know how good mashed cauliflower is, I can't figure out why people aren't making this instead of mashed potatoes.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  5. #5
    catols's Avatar
    catols is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norcross,GA
    Posts
    16
    I have seen several folks refer to cauliflower rice, does any one have a link to how to make it? There is so much info I guess I have missed cauliflower rice.
    Starting weight - 226
    Height - 5 ft 8 in
    Goal - When I can buy clothes without a W in the size and my doctor and I agree I have lost enough. But if you want a real number we think about 160 to 165.

  6. #6
    girlarchitect's Avatar
    girlarchitect is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    368
    For Cauliflower Rice, I like Nom Nom Paleo's recipe.
    Of course, you could just cook and saute the cauliflower but I like the onion as it seems to add something. Texture is a bit more couscous than rice when chopped with the s-blade which I am generally fine with. I'm not certain if grating the cauliflower (which is an option) would provide a more rice like shape.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

  7. #7
    sjmc's Avatar
    sjmc is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    591
    I made "tatertots" the other day with pureed cauliflower and they were delicious. I've made cauliflower rice before, and I think the riced version would give the tots the right texture.

  8. #8
    catols's Avatar
    catols is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Norcross,GA
    Posts
    16
    Thank yo so much girlarchitect.....I will have to look over this site too. you guys are so helpful thank you.
    Starting weight - 226
    Height - 5 ft 8 in
    Goal - When I can buy clothes without a W in the size and my doctor and I agree I have lost enough. But if you want a real number we think about 160 to 165.

  9. #9
    sapphire_chan's Avatar
    sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I made "tatertots" the other day with pureed cauliflower and they were delicious. I've made cauliflower rice before, and I think the riced version would give the tots the right texture.
    more details please!

  10. #10
    Kabonk George's Avatar
    Kabonk George is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by catols View Post
    I have seen several folks refer to cauliflower rice, does any one have a link to how to make it? There is so much info I guess I have missed cauliflower rice.
    Try this one!

    I Have Made Cauliflower! Basic Cauliflower Rice Recipe | Paleo Spirit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •