Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cauliflower, the other white...vegetable??

Cauliflower, the other white...vegetable??

Shop Now
    White rice, brown rice, or...cauliflower??

YES! Cauliflower!

http://paleospirit.com/2011/i-have-m...r-rice-recipe/

I just made pureed cauliflower the other day to substitute for mashed potatoes. It was really good.
    Steamed Cauliflower - 1/2 a head
    3 cloves of garlic - steamed with the cauliflower and crushed (I just smash it with the flat side of a knife. It stays whole, but is broken open)
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Butter (I used cream) - I used about 1/3 cup

Toss it all in a food processor and mix til creamy. I'm not going to miss the potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lily Marie View Post
    I just made pureed cauliflower the other day to substitute for mashed potatoes. It was really good.
    Steamed Cauliflower - 1/2 a head
    3 cloves of garlic - steamed with the cauliflower and crushed (I just smash it with the flat side of a knife. It stays whole, but is broken open)
    1/2 teaspoon of salt
    Butter (I used cream) - I used about 1/3 cup

Toss it all in a food processor and mix til creamy. I'm not going to miss the potatoes.
    Along this line, I like roasted garlic in mine or garlic herb butter. I just use sour cream. Tastes a ton better.
    Georgette

Cauliflower has quickly become my superhero in the kitchen. Particularly cauliflower rice and cauliflower mash. Now that I know how good mashed cauliflower is, I can't figure out why people aren't making this instead of mashed potatoes.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

I have seen several folks refer to cauliflower rice, does any one have a link to how to make it? There is so much info I guess I have missed cauliflower rice.
    Starting weight - 226
    Height - 5 ft 8 in
    Goal - When I can buy clothes without a W in the size and my doctor and I agree I have lost enough. But if you want a real number we think about 160 to 165.

For Cauliflower Rice, I like Nom Nom Paleo's recipe.
    Of course, you could just cook and saute the cauliflower but I like the onion as it seems to add something. Texture is a bit more couscous than rice when chopped with the s-blade which I am generally fine with. I'm not certain if grating the cauliflower (which is an option) would provide a more rice like shape.
    My primal journal that I don't update enough:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33293.html

I made "tatertots" the other day with pureed cauliflower and they were delicious. I've made cauliflower rice before, and I think the riced version would give the tots the right texture.

Thank yo so much girlarchitect.....I will have to look over this site too. you guys are so helpful thank you.
    Starting weight - 226
    Height - 5 ft 8 in
    Goal - When I can buy clothes without a W in the size and my doctor and I agree I have lost enough. But if you want a real number we think about 160 to 165.

Quote Originally Posted by sjmc View Post
    I made "tatertots" the other day with pureed cauliflower and they were delicious. I've made cauliflower rice before, and I think the riced version would give the tots the right texture.
    more details please!

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by catols View Post
    I have seen several folks refer to cauliflower rice, does any one have a link to how to make it? There is so much info I guess I have missed cauliflower rice.
    Try this one!

I Have Made Cauliflower! Basic Cauliflower Rice Recipe | Paleo Spirit