Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Calgary area Primals out there?

Hybrid View

Any Calgary area Primals out there?

Hey guys, I've just recently moved to Calgary (love love love it) and am extending a HELLO! to all the area Paleo/Primalists out there!

First question, can anyone recommend a good Crossfit gym? I'm in the NW and am seriously considering taking the plunge!

Hi, I am not sure what is particulary special about crossfit gyms. I go to Cardel Place in NW, and it has every piece of equipment and facility one can dream of for a monthly fee of $50. But I am a self-led trainee, and throw together my own schedules & like the versatility. The only class I like doing is Zumba in the winter.

I just want to take the classes.

I can't really recommend anything there. I've got disillusioned in group fitness. Apart from Jessika's Zumba class. I believe there is a X-fit gym in Crowfoot mall, and the YMCA there as well. Good luck with finding a good fit for your needs!

I'm a Calgary peep! And so is one of the forum's most well-loved and knowledgeable posters, Stabby (I just learned this recently and am eager to share).

There is Crossfit Box in the NW - up in Crowfoot, like was mentioned. Crossfit Calgary
    I so desperately want to join it too but am still recovering form a stupid back injury from a stupid car accident. I'm a fitness instructor (at GoodLife Fitness) and teach tons of classes all over the place every week, but still think a Crossfit gym offers something utterly unique. I totally get why you want to join.

There's also a great health food market up in the same area - Amaranth Market in Arbour Lake. They sell lots of good grass-fed meats and free run eggs, plus gluten-free everything if you're into that sorta thing.

Where'd ya move from?

Thanks Erin! That's hilarious, my next question was going to be asking for a recommendation for a good organics foodmart! Thanks for beating me to it, I'll definitely check them both out. I just moved here from Toronto, I used to be a Goodlife FM back in the day.

Wow, could the world be any smaller?

There's a Cross Fit gym on Spiller Rd x 21 Ave SE. Right beside the 7-11. I've seen it a few times while driving by but haven't been inside. I shop at 2 of the farmer's markets mostly (Kingsland off Mac Trail and Calgary Farmer's Market on Blackfoot). I just noticed that they opened a Blush Lanes on 17 Av x 26 St SW and they sell Sunworks Farms products.

Great, thanks warrdogg, I've been told about the Framer's market on Blackfoot, I'll check out the times. There's a Cross Fit gym up in the NW that I'm going to check out this weekend.

Anybody in Cow Town know where I can get some raw milk? I can't find it anywhere and am curious to try it out.