Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Calgary area Primals out there? page

jennachica is offline Member

Any Calgary area Primals out there?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey guys, I've just recently moved to Calgary (love love love it) and am extending a HELLO! to all the area Paleo/Primalists out there!

First question, can anyone recommend a good Crossfit gym? I'm in the NW and am seriously considering taking the plunge!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I am not sure what is particulary special about crossfit gyms. I go to Cardel Place in NW, and it has every piece of equipment and facility one can dream of for a monthly fee of $50. But I am a self-led trainee, and throw together my own schedules & like the versatility. The only class I like doing is Zumba in the winter.

I just want to take the classes.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I can't really recommend anything there. I've got disillusioned in group fitness. Apart from Jessika's Zumba class. I believe there is a X-fit gym in Crowfoot mall, and the YMCA there as well. Good luck with finding a good fit for your needs!

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    I'm a Calgary peep! And so is one of the forum's most well-loved and knowledgeable posters, Stabby (I just learned this recently and am eager to share).

There is Crossfit Box in the NW - up in Crowfoot, like was mentioned. Crossfit Calgary
    I so desperately want to join it too but am still recovering form a stupid back injury from a stupid car accident. I'm a fitness instructor (at GoodLife Fitness) and teach tons of classes all over the place every week, but still think a Crossfit gym offers something utterly unique. I totally get why you want to join.

There's also a great health food market up in the same area - Amaranth Market in Arbour Lake. They sell lots of good grass-fed meats and free run eggs, plus gluten-free everything if you're into that sorta thing.

Where'd ya move from?

Thanks Erin! That's hilarious, my next question was going to be asking for a recommendation for a good organics foodmart! Thanks for beating me to it, I'll definitely check them both out. I just moved here from Toronto, I used to be a Goodlife FM back in the day.

ErinC is offline Senior Member
    Wow, could the world be any smaller?

warrdogg is offline Member
    There's a Cross Fit gym on Spiller Rd x 21 Ave SE. Right beside the 7-11. I've seen it a few times while driving by but haven't been inside. I shop at 2 of the farmer's markets mostly (Kingsland off Mac Trail and Calgary Farmer's Market on Blackfoot). I just noticed that they opened a Blush Lanes on 17 Av x 26 St SW and they sell Sunworks Farms products.

Great, thanks warrdogg, I've been told about the Framer's market on Blackfoot, I'll check out the times. There's a Cross Fit gym up in the NW that I'm going to check out this weekend.

warrdogg is offline Member
    Anybody in Cow Town know where I can get some raw milk? I can't find it anywhere and am curious to try it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast