Thread: recommend your bathroom scale! page

pipermaruu Guest

I keep buying these fancy WW digital scales that stop working after a year... I think it's weighing me too low and if I weigh myself 3 times in a row I get all different readings.

Can anyone recommend an accurate and reliable digital or non-digital scale that weights true to weight?

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

My bathroom scale looks remarkably like my bathroom mirror.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

But seriously, I don't believe in scales.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Don't use it.... use the mirror

nina_70 Guest

You might want to replace the batteries? Sorry if that sounds silly, but I run weightloss challenges (for fun) and most of the scale issues I've come across have to do w/ the battery getting old. The scale will usually start giving really erratic readings right before the battery dies completely. And...one year is about the limit for how long a battery lasts in the scale (for daily home use). So, try replacing it and see what happens.

Other than the battery issue, I've found the most basic scales are the best. Avoid the ones that do BMI, water and all that stuff. Just buy a good, basic scale. I'm using the Eatsmart Digital Bathroom scale and am very happy w/ it.

emmie is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I've had my scale for over 20 years, and it still gives an accurate (digital) weight (when I go to my doctor's, I weigh myself just before I leave the house and check it that way). It has the name "Thinner" on it, but I don't know if there's any more to the brand, since I bought it so long ago.

I guess it doesn't use batteries, because I've never changed any:-)