Thread: ODAT GTBH (Michael K's Journal) page

kungfumike is offline Senior Member

ODAT GTBH (Michael K's Journal)

Primal Fuel
    Hello MDA forum,

I have been by before trying out the PB, but I folded after a while. Now my struggles with self-destruction have guided me to a 12 step program and I am inspired to give up sugar and flour one day at a time. Today is Day 7 of my abstaining and I feel pretty darned good. I am losing water weight and it is a great psychological boon.

Today I will eat:
    B-3 eggs, 3 oz steak, raw baby carrots
    S-Apple
    L-Chipotle salad with double chicken (but with some beans and corn, I know it's not primal, but first things first)
    S-Apple
    D-TBD , whatever my wife makes that doesn't have sugar, flour or massive carbs, she is Chinese and a carb-eater, She is also very supportive of my 12 step work, ever since I started it I have started doing my chores like a big boy and she likes that

I do control portions to 3 cups at the moment. That's just me.

High carb things that I have eaten recently include: 1/4 cup corn, 1 cup beans with eggs, 2 cups watermelon, any thoughts on these? I might need nudging away from some foods. I may be stubborn but I will remember and it may click one day.

THANKS FOR BEING HERE!

Morning,

One day at a time, Glad to be here.

I will give up the corn in my salad today.

B-Chicken and veg
    S-Peach if wanted
    L-Salad with one serving chicken
    S-Peach if wanted
    D-3 cups meat and veg
    S-TBD if needed

Feeling pretty great on my 8th day no sugar no flour. Having a spiritual program of 12 steps really helps.

My bottom line is no sugar no flour and avoid grains.

Lereas is offline Junior Member
    Keep it up! I'm just starting myself and it's definitely hard to avoid things that are easy. My big problem is wanting to have a sandwich, but I've just taken meat and rolled it up to eat it, and eaten more of the meat. Overall, I think I win

Don't feel too bad if you have a bite of beans or corn or rice. Mark advocates 80/20, and it's why I like primal over true "paleo". You do your best, stay as strict as you can, but you don't freak out if you eat something you're not supposed to.

I think a daily accountability here is a great way to stay true.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for posting Lereas. Yeah I consider beans or corn to be part of the 80/20 concept as no flour no sugar is my bottom line.