Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Deodorant. page

pizzmor is offline Member

Deodorant.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Been using Degree solid white deodorant for years and recently I have been getting these itchy red patches under my arms. What gives? Any suggestions for more Primal alternative and one that works. Thanks.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    You may have developed a sensitivity to some ingredient in the deodorant. I've had the same problem with a couple of brands. Switched to Tom's of Maine unscented a few years ago, and have had no problems with it. It's also aluminum free, unlike many brands.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Sweet thanks Mike.
    www.everymanpaleo.com

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    I like Crystal Deodorant. It's basically one block of salt that you rub under your arms in the shower. It doesn't stop you from sweating, but it does make you not smell (it kills the germs that make you smell)

Only trick is that you have to be REALLY careful when putting it on after you've shaved...

prana_dancer is offline Junior Member
    I'm just putting in another vote for Tom's of Maine. I have quite a few sensitivities to products typically applied to skin and Tom's of Maine Apricot is fantastic! Only problem is that it's a deodorant, not an antiperspirant.

Nethru is offline Member
    I just use baking soda works fine for me. Don't need to smell pretty just not smell bad
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

So you just slap some baking soda up under your arms?
    www.everymanpaleo.com

CoyoteVick is offline Senior Member
    Be careful with baking soda. Most conventional baking soda is make with aluminum, and if that's what's making you break out with deodorant, then it won't help. For me, baking soda is just too harsh for my skin, even the aluminum free kind.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    I'm very sensitive to chemicals, and have had no problems after switching to Crystal. I actually like the fact that I still sweat (I know, I know, I'm a girl and its supposed to be gross), but I don't smell at all. I figure if I'm supposed to be sweating, I should be sweating! I use the hunk o' Crystal, and I also use the pomegranate spray, and find they work great at keeping me funk free.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzmor View Post
    Been using Degree solid white deodorant for years and recently I have been getting these itchy red patches under my arms. What gives? Any suggestions for more Primal alternative and one that works. Thanks.
    There is a thread on here somewhere about primal deodorant alternatives. I used one of the "recipes," but being dude-like as I am I just dumped in what thought was the right amount and it works like a charm.

2 Tbsp coconut oil
    1/4 cup baking soda
    20 drops essential oil (I used lavender)

The oil isn't necessary other than the fact that it makes you smell purty. I have been thinking about trying sandalwood (or similar) for something different.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast