Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Jess3315 page 3

jess3315 is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Yesterday I got a lot of movement in, but not a lot of food ... today I am going to eat more! My day was thrown off when my husband called me at work at told me he really messed up his hand breaking up a fight between two of our dogs. He was freaking out, so I left work to go home and take care of that. It wasn't nearly as bad as he made it out to be ... such the drama queen But I ended up staying home for the rest of the day. After getting him cleaned up and in bed with ice on his wrist I went out and walked 9 holes of golf. Came back, ate food, was lazy, then went to play 9 more in my league. By the time I got home I was too lazy to cook so I just had a smoothie with added protein. I am feeling a bit hungry this morning, so I foresee a big breakfast today!

FoodLog
    B - Skipped
    L - left over turkey burger with cheese, chicken sausage, coleslaw, a larabar
    S - little less than on ounce of dark chocolate, and 4 oz glass of white wine
    D - primal fuel with 1 cup frozen strawberries, and 1 1/2 cups of milk

Fitday breakdown: 1448 calories, 44% fat, 21% protein, 29% carbs, 6% alcohol

Movement
    Walked 18 holes of golf

So this weekend I hoped on the scale and realized I lost a few lbs last week yay me! I dropped below that 200 mark on the scale, which I really needed to do. I also shot my two best scores at my home course this weekend, which resulted in some unhealthy celebrating ... we went to dinner Saturday night and ordered in Sunday evening. These were my two bad meals, and it really took a toll on me, I had less energy and slept terrible. Good news is I walked 18 both days so exercise should help with the excess calories. I'm back on track this morning, thank goodness, a night of bad sleep has taught me a valuable lesson! My husband is really a bad influence, I just have to be stronger. Just gotta remember I'm gonna be lean and fit and he will not be! Maybe then he will decide to start eating better. I don't push it, because its his choice, I provide healthy options, and its up to him whether or not he wants those.

I don't have fitday stats for the weekend ... nor do I want to see them LOL, but I will probably use it a bit today to help me get back on track.

So I need to remember to keep posting here... I stopped journaling for like a week and ended up eating all kinds of bad for me foods while I was feeling under the weather ....

I went through my fridge/freeze and pantry this morning and ditched all the non primal foods lingering around that have tempted me into eating poorly. After that I hit the store and stocked up on fresh meats, veggies, and fruits, also some primal friendly snacks such as jerky, dried fruits with no added sugars, and so on.

I've decided to ditch the traditional items for breakfast, so I have a lasagna "meatza" in the oven right now .... nice thick meat crush topped with ricotta cheese and crushed tomatoes with a bit of mozzarella cheese. Real simple, and who wouldn't love having "lasagna" for breakfast?

I'm off work today because I haven't been sleeping, even with sleeping aids.... ugh.... I'm pretty sure its from the processed wheats and sugars I ate over the weekend ... (husbands birthday bash) Good thing is I realize it and am on track once again.

I'll be sure to be checking back into my journal more regularly ... I need to keep myself on track and accountable.

Silky is offline Senior Member
    Lasagne meatza sounds awesome. I'm going to have to try that.

When you say you walk 18. Is that 18 miles? How long does that take?
    My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

The meatza was awesome! I used crushed tomatoes... I would recommend drained diced tomatoes so it won't be so wet, but still was delicious!

And when I say walk 18, I mean walk 18 holes of golf Usually take about 4 hours, so its a nice workout

So yesterday was much better, and I finally got some sleep!

B - primal fuel with 1 cup almond milk and 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
    L - meatza with 2 cups of watermelon
    D - caldo verde (no potato)
    S - 1 glass of wine and 1/2 bar of dark chocolate

Fitday breakdown: 1697 calories, 59% fat, 22% protein, 15% carbs, 4% alcohol

Overall not bad, this should be about where I am daily - maybe a tad more protein though

So I got settled into my new office last week, and after a week of eating bad but easy food options, I'm back on track.

Yesterday was a golf tournament, so there was a lot of drinking going on

B - primal fuel with 1 cup almond milk
    Drinks: 8 oz jack with diet coke
    S - raw pepper chips with hummus
    L - Bacon wrapped salmon cakes with asparagus ... I found this recipe online, it was awesome!
    S - Larabar
    D - Steak topped with feta and peppers and onions
    S - Applesauce

Fitday breakdown: 1990 calories, 30% fat, 18% protein, 25% carbs, 28% alcohol

This was good to look at, because I didn't realize how many calories were in those two drinks .... I'm glad I didn't go for a third!

JpGrok is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jess, the bacon wrapped salmon cakes sound awesome! Any chance you could point me to the recipe? We have lots of seasonal salmon coming to the markets now so looking for new recipes. Anything with bacon is winner in my book. Thanks!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. - Ferris Bueller

JpGrok Journal

Primal Matriarch HAS MOVED!!!: Bacon-Wrapped Mini Salmon Cakes with Asparagus

And these were awesome. I'm not a big asparagus eater, but when you wrap it in bacon, everything tastes better!

JpGrok is offline Senior Member
    They look awesome too - I'll be testing these out as soon as I get my hands on some fresh salmon. Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast