Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Jess3315 page 2

jess3315 is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    So it has officially been a week since I started my primal lifestyle, overall I'm still feeling great, and I am very happy that I am also loosing weight. I went a few days without using fitday last week, so I wanted to use it again for a few more days to see how I am doing with my calorie intake.

Here is yesterday's info

Food Log
    B - 5 strips of bacon ... yumm
    L - 2nd half of my bunless baconator, 1 piece of primal pizza, melon soup
    D - crab and shrimp cakes with some sauteed shrimp and green beans, with a mayo/dijon/caper sauce
    S - primal fuel with 1 cup of milk and 1/2 cup frozen blackberries

Fitday breakdown: 2,200 calories, 53% fat, 30% protein, 17% carbs

Its a little calorie heavy, but I did get a lot of activity in, so I am not worried it

Movement
    Played 18 ... did not walk the whole round, but made sure I got plenty of walking on the course

Yesterday I hit the treadmill for my 1.5 mile jog/walk as part of my warrior dash training ... I noticed I was a lot faster this time! I seem to be building up my stamina for jogging. Today I am playing 9 holes of golf after work, so I will be sure to walk that to further help build my stamina. I need to be able to run during the warrior dash otherwise it will take me forever to finish!

Food Log
    B - 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened berries thawed with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese, soon followed by 4 thin strips of bacon
    S - 1/4 of a cantaloupe, and 1/4 of a honeydew
    L - left over crab and shrimp cakes and green beans
    S - about 4 oz of brie, and some sun dried tomatoes and a larabar
    D - spaghetti squash with a no sugar added spaghetti sauce which I added to some ground beef
    Oops - yeah about 1/2 a cup of peanut butter .... not smart

Movement
    Jog/walk 1.5 miles on treadmill

Yesterday evening I went out and walked 9 holes for the monthly Tuesday 9 hole tournament. Not only did I burn calories, but I won! Yay me!

Food Log
    B - a larabar, 2 sausage patties and 1/2 cup baked potato wedges ... not completely primal, but it seemed like a potato morning
    S - 1/3 cup frozen unsweetened berries thawed with 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
    L - left over spaghetti squash spaghetti
    D - skipped since I got home so late
    S - 4 oz wine, and some dark chocolate (celebrating my victory!)

Fitday breakdown: 1710 calories, 57% fat, 15% protein, 23% carbs, 5% alcohol

Overall not great, I needed a lot more protein yesterday ... and Carb number was a little high due to larabar, alcohol, and chocolate

Movement
    Walked 9 holes of golf in the evening

Yesterday morning I hit the gym, and really was dragging, so today I decided to skip it and just walk 9 holes of golf this evening. Its more fun to be outside anyways!

I've noticed I am sleeping a bit better, I've been taking sleeping pills because I've had a mild insomnia for awhile now, and not sleeping gives me migraines.... I think I'm gonna start cutting back on the sleeping pill, maybe take half and see how it goes. Me talking less medication would make both me and my doctor very happy!

Food Log
    B - A slice of left over primal pizza
    S - 1/4 melon cantaloupe, 1/4 melon honeydew
    L - Steak salad with feta and a balsamic and olive oil dressing (Got full and only ate half)
    D - Chicken sausage link, turkey burger (bunless) with colby jack cheese, a big serving of home made coleslaw
    S - 1/2 cup peanut butter ... I should just throw this out, but I'm weak

Fitday breakdown : 2447 calories (753 of which were pb), 65% fat, 18% protein, 15% carbs

Yeah good news is, the peanut butter is almost gone LOL, and I can resist buying it, just when its there its hard to pass up, it is my favorite dessert

Movement
    20 minutes on the elliptical
    lifted some heavy things
    lured my husband in bed

Solldara is offline Senior Member
    I know what you mean with peanut but I'd really just bin it - peanuts aren't even slightly primal as they are not actually nuts.

If you crave peanut butter I'd personally send away the rest of the nut butters that you have in the house - let them live at a friends house till you're down to your ideal weight - nuts are just so calorie dense that they will only make losing weight far more difficult.

Try frozen or fresh berries instead to snack on - they only have about 30 calories rather than 600+ in peanut butter for 100g and as I used to eat the stuff with a spoon I can honestly say 100g of peanut butter does not last very long.

Good luck with it
    1st June 11 to 30st Aug 11 - 36lb removed in 13 weeks
    Messed about on and off for the rest of the year

June 2012 - Had the practice - now time to do it for real

Solldara - I know you are right, I should just go home and toss it. I have bought other nut butters but luckily I don't love them enough to eat them by the spoonful, so they are safe. I don't know why but throwing out food just freaks me out, my dogs have one of those kong things, so I can stuff the last 1/2 cup of it in there Then I will have happy dogs and a happy waist!

Thanks for the much needed motivation!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Cashew butter is my new favorite. Slightly sweet, it tastes delicious with sliced apple. My DH dips his potato chips in it. Good with dark chocolate but best with apple!

I actually have a jar of cashew butter that I have yet to open... perhaps I will give it a try, I have some apples here waiting to be eaten!

And I am very proud to say I ditched the peanut butter, which my doggies loved!

WinkBlu is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jess3315 View Post
    And I am very proud to say I ditched the peanut butter, which my doggies loved!
    Congrats on ditching the PB! I'm with you on the "throwing food away freaks me out"
    "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity"

Primal Journal *WinkBlu*

Ah yes, as much as it hurt my head, I also pitched a container of cool whip sitting in the fridge staring me down after I got back from golf. I did one of those "oh is it really that bad" things, then I picked it up... second ingredient was corn syrup ... it was immediately tossed, and that one I wouldn't even offer to the dogs, they don't eat any grains either It was actually when I got my German Shepherd and realized he was having issues with regular dog food that I realize how much crap we feed our animals and ourselves. My dogs all got moved to grain free food, and now they are all healthier, leaner, yet more muscular. After I saw that I was like "humm what would happen if I gave up the grains too?"

I'm trying to decide if I want to cook dinner or if I just want to eat something light before bed ... we shall see! Off to browse the fridge!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast