Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Testimony....aka Story of Sex and Candy page

jennachica is offline Member

Lightbulb My Testimony....aka Story of Sex and Candy

Primal Fuel
    Ok, so I lied, my story (unfortunately) has nothing to do with sex, but (unfortunately again) has too much to do with candy.

Hello, my (screen) name is Jennachica, and I have relapsed into periods of BED again. I have been struggling with the binging since I was about 12 years old, started getting out of control when I was 25, and now at 29 years old has actually put me in the hospital twice this year.

I took a few months off of work, went to Mexico, did a phenomenal month on Whole30, came back home, and have relapsed...badly, for a month now. Put on all the weight I had lost, but worse of all, am feeling terrible and am truly disappointed in myself.

However, I am NOT going to cry about it anymore. No, I am going to testify here that I am doing another Whole30 challenge and STOPPING this before it takes over and ruins my life again. Primal living has been the single greatest thing that has happened to me, and I will not fall off the wagon and let it run over me again.

I don't really care if anyone reads this, although it would be nice to have support! But I need an outlet to post and somewhat hold myself somewhat accountable to my actions. I plan on writing each and every day. I've tried journaling in the past, didn't work bc I don't really hold myself accountable, to well, myself, so I am going to give this a try! Day One tomorrow

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Good on you, get back on that pony

diploid is offline Member
    It's what I love about the MDA crowd, plenty of support and ideas around.

There is a huge positive to take from the Mexico/home cycle and that is you understand the feedback loop. Your body is telling you what works for it and what doesn't so set yourself some targets and see how you react to meeting those targets and keep the loop positive.

kungfumike is offline Senior Member
    Hey Jennachica,

I am new here, but feel free to PM me for support or venting. Stay positive and give yourself time to adjust.

Thanks guys , this is what I love about the MDA forums, so much positivity and support. I need to get my priorities straight, and health needs to be #1, because without your health you truly have nothing!

Day One of Whole30....again.....go!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hi Jennachica! Good luck this time. You can do it!

(However, have you considered that doing an intense 30 might trigger a relapse when you are done with it? What if you focused on what you could live with for the rest of your life?)
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

You are completely right Hedonist. For some reason every time I set a time frame or attach numbers to it I freak out and binge. I'm going to focus more on the Whole30 principles but not call it anything , just LIVING life primal, striving for the 100% so I know at least I'll get to 80% that way. Ugh, wait, I just used numbers....haha

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)
    Jennachica - Keep you head held high. You can do it! If you want feel free to send me a message for any support you need.
    -Jen
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you might need "baby" steps rather than jumping in 100%. Maybe start with something this week - make it a habit, then next week or a week later add another thing. Obviously, we all are different and to be successful we have to find out how we roll. I started my journey slowly I guess. Always looking for something new cuz what I was doing wasn't working or wasn't solving the whole problem. I would do "this" and then read more and then do "this." Kept it interesting and not so overwhelming.

I wish you the best. Most of us fall off every now and again. Don't beat yourself when you do; Just enjoy the ride (and the ice cream if that's what it takes that day) and take it a day at a time!

Melly Sue is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkiernan View Post
    Sounds like you might need "baby" steps rather than jumping in 100%. Maybe start with something this week - make it a habit, then next week or a week later add another thing.
    Totally agree with this. While it's nice to do a challenge like Whole30, it's more important to find the system that is healthy and sustainable for you in order to really change in the long-term.

I love your positive attitude--you can make this change!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast