Thread: Rheumatoid arthritis page

Kirsty.Diss is offline Junior Member

Rheumatoid arthritis

Hi Mark,

Im a 25 year old female, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when I was 19 and have taken 1600mg of ibuprophen a day, a mixture of disease modifying drugs and now I inject anti TNF drugs. I am still in pain everyday. The ibuprophen allows me to move each day, go to work and live a fairly active lifestyle, without it I would not be able to do so. However, I know that being on that much ibuprophen is not healthy living.

My sister and brother in law have been on the primal diet for about 8 months and swear by it. They are feeling much healthier and I have never seen them look so good. They really believe that this way of living could help with my RA and told me to get the books and just try it for at least 3 months to see how it goes, I have ordered the books and am starting today!!

I was just wondering if there were any RA success stories and for some encouragement that this could actually help me, it is hard to believe when for so many years the pain has taken over.

Many Thanks

Kirsty

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I had RA and I was in a wheelchair. I don't have it now that I'm eating Primally. The joint pain is caused and aggravated by grains and sugars. Stop eating grains and sugars. I turned in my wheelchair three weeks into eating Primally, and I've never looked back.

It's much simpler than any doctor will ever admit to.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Marybeth is offline Junior Member
    I have had RA for 3 years now. Started out with Methotrexate for sometime (gave myself weekly injections as it was supposed to be less toxic and more effective). Switched to Cimzia (worked great and was in remission) and stayed on it for a year. Then I decided to go Primal. Have given up dairy and eggs within the last month (have not noticed any changes). I am not free of the joint pain but can still play golf and be functional. I barely go out to restaurants because of being primal and being a foodie. I pull coconut oil and I drink coconut oil in my coconut kefir and almond milk shakes. (I make my own almond milk &coconut kefir) You name it, I have either read it or done it. So it may work for some but right now I cannot say it has totally worked for me. I started eating Primal January 2011. I keep hoping I will wake up and this awful disease will have been put in remission. I am still waiting (like the movie Groundhog Day)

croí is offline Senior Member
    I can't say that I have RA, but I did have joint pains here and there. Especially when exercising. Every since I went Primal, the pain has significantly dropped, and I am walking 2+ miles per day now!

me2
    me2 is offline Senior Member
    Go on the GAPS diet. Your gut is compromised, leading to autoimmunity.

(don't be scared of the source of this article. GAPS is not associated with any religion, it was created by a neurosurgeon)
    GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome)

Healing Rheumatoid Arthritis on GAPS Diet: Elli Sparks 01/11 by BethWiles | Blog Talk Radio
    Last edited by me2; 06-29-2012 at 09:22 AM.
    Notebook of a Nutrition Nerd

‘THE FOOD YOU EAT CAN BE THE SAFEST AND MOST POWERFUL FORM OF MEDICINE OR THE SLOWEST RELEASING POISON' - Dr Ann Wigmore.

halfbunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Kirsty,

I am your age and don't (hopefully) have RA, but serious joint pain and stiffness in my toes and fingers since ~1 year. I started the primal blueprint in May this year and didn't see improvement in my joints yet, though i experience less water retainment (don't know if that is an issue for you). However, it is worth a shot! I hope you find a way to cure or at least mitigate the pain, it sounds horrible