Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need super, super wide shoes page

wiltondeportes Guest

Help! Need super, super wide shoes

Primal Fuel
    I cannot find shoes to wear. I need something with an ungodly wide toe box. I made my own moccasins, but they are more useful for casual wear. I'd prefer something minimal (thin sole). I've already tried Vibrams, and they work but cause skin pain for me. I need something for hardcore physical work. I've done Google searches, but still no luck thus far. To give you an idea, New Balance 6E's today were too narrow. The shape of nearly every shoe is wrong for me. What company makes very wide toe box minimalist shoes? Altra, Keen, and New Balance Minimus have been the closest for me yet. I'm still looking though.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Hitchcock - Wide Shoes for Men - Mens Wide Shoes, Extra Wide Shoes, EEEE, Orthopedic Shoes

Forget minimalist here but work/dress shoes it might be worth checking out. I go 4 or 5 E myself.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Thanks. I'll go back there if/when I ever need some formal shoes.

Athletic And Outdoors - Propet - Travel Walkers - Hitchcock Wide Shoes for Men

Those look somewhat intriguing for daily wear.

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member
    I don't know how you'd feel about how casual these shoes are, but I love them. Unshoes Minimal Footwear They are sandals, but they're made for outdoor uses.

These shoes are made with vibram rubber and the best part is they're all custom made from drawings of your feet that you send to them. It doesn't matter how wide your foot is. The Wokovas rage from $39-47, depending on the sole thickness you choose. The 4mm soles are cheaper than the 10mm. The Feathers are $45, since the only a sole thickness offered is 5mm. I've been patiently waiting for them to release the Pah Tempes for adults, but they keep delaying those. Don't get me wrong; I like the ones I have. I just like the style they're delaying better, lol.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Unshoes Minimal Footwear-----look nice, I guess. I can make something like that with an old tire or a thick inner tube. Lot less expensive but maybe not so 'cool',--- BUT--- lot less expensive and the good feeling of accomplishment after making something for yourself. It probably is just me, but I feel a lot prouder of my self made tire tread sandals than of any high end shoes I ever had.

Shoes, moccasins, sandals, and such are really easy to make.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Andrew.r.w is offline Junior Member
    Vibram makes two VFF styles that fit wider feet - Bikila LS and Speed. I have both and they allow for quite a wide foot I think.

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    crocs fit my wide feet pretty well

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    Thanks. I'll go back there if/when I ever need some formal shoes.

Athletic And Outdoors - Propet - Travel Walkers - Hitchcock Wide Shoes for Men

Those look somewhat intriguing for daily wear.
    New item, I'll have to check those out. Luckily I live near the warehouse store.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    New item, I'll have to check those out. Luckily I live near the warehouse store.
    Well, I'll have the 5E size 10's in a couple days probably, so I'll let you know how they are. Do you have the V-shaped feet like I do?

By the way everyone, save for some new advice, I think I am going to order some custom fitted shoes from this website. I'm going with the funkasins. My mocs are great, but I just need something more heavy duty and well made. This guy seems to have his act together with double leather everywhere plus a rubber sole. PLUS, the rubber sole is reportedly something you can repair and rebuild yourself as it wears down. He calls it "future tread."
    http://www.walkinglibertymocs.com/
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 07-18-2011 at 12:20 AM.

sroelofs is offline Senior Member
    6E, damn that's wide! I'm a size 9.5 4/5E. I had no idea they made bigger than 4E. In Australia it's almost impossible to get anything but 2E. Got my Nike sneakers in 4E from Foot Locker in New York. The thing that sux about Oz is that they block you purchasing sneakers from most online outlets overseas so you have to pay 70% more getting them from their Oz stores. Eg my friend brought the same Nike in 2E in Oz for $220 but I got then for $100 in NY. The markup is criminal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast