Thread: Any female Fitness competitors out there? page

jennachica is offline Member

Any female Fitness competitors out there?

Putting on my flame suit here as I realize there are plenty of people who do not agree with the Fitness and Bodybuilding competition life, but I'll take a chance anyways.

Anyways, I've been competing for a few years now in Fitness Model/Bikini, and this is the first year I'm going Paleo at it. So just wondering if there's anyone else out there in the MDA forums who are doing the same!

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm just a wannabe at this point no flames, i think people should use weights if they want

Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    i'm just a wannabe at this point no flames, i think people should use weights if they want
    , I find nothing more empowering than a heavy lifting session!

AAMonty is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jennachica View Post
    Putting on my flame suit here as I realize there are plenty of people who do not agree with the Fitness and Bodybuilding competition life, but I'll take a chance anyways.

Anyways, I've been competing for a few years now in Fitness Model/Bikini, and this is the first year I'm going Paleo at it. So just wondering if there's anyone else out there in the MDA forums who are doing the same!
    Hey there Jennachica! My personal trainer has challenged me to do a fitness model/bikini comp with her in a year's time. I'd love to pick your brain about it. I have no idea what to expect or if my body is even capable of being lean enough. I'm thinking of doing a blog: - 'Can eating Paleo and lifting for 12 months turn me into a fitness model?' Something like that, but I'm almost embarrassed to tell people I know about it. First because of what people think about the comps themselves, and second because I still have a quite a bit of BF to get rid of.
    What was your diet like before you went Paleo? How were you eating to get your BF down?
    Montyx

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Interestingly, primal has made me less attracted to that paradigm of beauty, and more attracted to women who look "softer" for lack of a better word.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am with AAMonty. As much as the idea is attractive, I don't think I can get lean enough to get close to competing. And I have been lifting for over a year, and dieting forever. But my BF is stuck about 18-22%. I am figuring that 15% or less required to look good is called 'athletic' level for a reason. Basically, I figure one needs to train like an athlete (6+ hours a day) to get there....

For me the benefit of the Paleo approach is that it gives you your life back, instead of turning it into endless pursuit of the body perfection the way CW do to you.

My question is, can a below-average athletically person inclined to plumpiness, even get to the athletic BF levels without starving and over-excersising and burning muscule off?

Plus, I figure, those who stand a chance of winning, they probably know that. And in the depth of my heart, I know that even my bestest best will not be good enough to win anything (even if I get to the 12-14% BF via dandelion teas, high protein and self-martyrdom). And without a hope to win, what is the joy in participating?
    Last edited by Leida; 07-25-2011 at 07:39 AM.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't worry about the flame suit. This isn't your typical forum, as I am sure you have already discerned.
    Fitness competitors are my ideal aesthetic for females. So if you have pix, post 'em up!!!
    Good luck with your comps and I believe that Primal/Paleo will make it that much easier to get the appropriate proportions than CW/Bodybuilding diets.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Not going to lie, in order to get lean enough you have to cut the fats completely for the last few weeks (except fish oil). I managed to get my BF to 10% but could have been leaner (though I won the Worlds, so not gonna complain). Its tough, and I am miserable and half asleep for the last month. I MUCH prefer the Primal/Paleo lifestyle, but eh, its only the last month that can be pure torture, not your entire life . I wouldn't have traded it for the world! I really find out what I am made of.
    You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
    Margaret Thatcher

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am very curious about your experiences with BF, because I can't seem to dislodge from the BF where I am. How did you move from the 18-20 to 14-15 and did you keep any of the UB muscule while doing it? My problem is that the only way I managed to get to slightly below 18 was on intervals and low fat/low cal, and I was dizzy, forcing myself to move, and my upper body was stripped of every shred of muscule (despite lifting the 12-15 lbs dumbells during the intervals).

I do not see myself being able to go below 15% and still work and be a wife and a mother, but I am wondering about the coveted 15%.... I am trying 2 heavy lifting workouts a week + 1 kettlebells, and I am sslowly bringing cardio back...

Again, I do not want to compete in anything, I just want to go that last stretch to see how I can look at 15%, and if my thighs diminish, while keeping UB definition.

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not going to lie, in order to get lean enough you have to cut the fats completely for the last few weeks (except fish oil). I managed to get my BF to 10% but could have been leaner (though I won the Worlds, so not gonna complain). Its tough, and I am miserable and half asleep for the last month. I MUCH prefer the Primal/Paleo lifestyle, but eh, its only the last month that can be pure torture, not your entire life . I wouldn't have traded it for the world! I really find out what I am made of.
    So you do the carb and sodium loading and depletion thing the last few weeks? That is a bitch but it definitely works. I dropped about 3% in my last week when I did it (long time ago).
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.