Thread: Aqua Flora and other homepatheic approachs to candida page

strom is offline Senior Member

Aqua Flora and other homepatheic approachs to candida

Primal Fuel
    I came across a product called Aqua Flora, which actually has candida alibicans in it. I take its deactivated or weaker so the body can make an antibody to it?

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    From a quick web search, it looks like aqua flora is indeed a homeopathic treatment for candida infections. In homeopathy, the active substance is so diluted that it is practically non-existent. The miniscule amount is supposed to trigger your body into fighting the condition.

Homeopathy is very controversial, as shown by a recent thread on this site. It's hard to imagine how it could possibly work, but there are some who swear by it. (Queen Elizabeth is one of them.) Me, I'm an agnostic: I don't use the stuff, but if someone wants to, they should go for it.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

DFH
    DFH is offline Senior Member
    Homeopathy is woo.

strom is offline Senior Member
    woo?

That sounds like it similar to vaccination. I would think diluted would still be enough to infect you more. In vaccination the agent is dead usually.

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by strom View Post
    woo?

That sounds like it similar to vaccination. I would think diluted would still be enough to infect you more. In vaccination the agent is dead usually.
    It's not that. Look up homeopathy. It's ridiculus. It's not based on vaccination theory. It's some 18th or 19th century nonsense called the law of similars and magic water!

Mark wrote a blog opinion on it and said about the same. It's a joke.

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    I always thought homeopathy was 'woo' as well. I've even tried it multiple times and never found it effective on myself. BUT I've found it consistently helpful in treating acute conditions on my son (he's 4). Fevers, teething pain, sinus/allergy symptoms, etc, have all been significantly impacted by specific homeopathic remedies. I don't get it, but it has worked for him, so I still utilize it for those things...

If you try it out, do share your results!
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

DFH
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    I always thought homeopathy was 'woo' as well. I've even tried it multiple times and never found it effective on myself. BUT I've found it consistently helpful in treating acute conditions on my son (he's 4). Fevers, teething pain, sinus/allergy symptoms, etc, have all been significantly impacted by specific homeopathic remedies. I don't get it, but it has worked for him, so I still utilize it for those things...

If you try it out, do share your results!
    You know what they say about broken clocks....

If woo-eopathy accidentally works, that's fine, but don't tell me it was because of the law of similars or magic water!

It makes me think of Chinese traditional medicine, where the explanation is yin and yang or whatever. Maybe they found some herbs that help, but the explanation is just guessing.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    God save us all from homeopathy... Utter nonsense, and a waste of money. On the other hand, at least no one can overdose on a substance that has been diluted to the point of you having a better shot at catching a fly with chopsticks than actually ingesting said substance.