Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primal in the army page

saarx1 is offline Senior Member

primal in the army

Shop Now
    im recruited to the army in like 4 months and i wondered how can you be primal in the army..
    and one more thing, after u reprogram you genes to burn fat, can you still eat pasta or somthing before a run? cause i think theres mainly carbs in the army meals and not so much fats

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Avoid wheat whenever you can. You will probably need extra carbs, at least during training. Potatoes, sweet potatoes and white rice will be fine. Grab any healthy fat you can, e.g. butter, to go with them.

Thank you for serving!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

saarx1 is offline Senior Member
    thank you il keep that in mind.
    i guess it will be most dificult in basic training cause iwont have control on what i eat but i hope it will be better after it.

aireals is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saarx1 View Post
    thank you il keep that in mind.
    i guess it will be most dificult in basic training cause iwont have control on what i eat but i hope it will be better after it.
    Yeah Im shipping to the air force as well in around 4 months and I was basically going to just eat what they gave me during basic and get back on track after. Granted AF basic is much easier than army, I dont think you get a lot of food options.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aireals View Post
    Yeah Im shipping to the air force as well in around 4 months and I was basically going to just eat what they gave me during basic and get back on track after. Granted AF basic is much easier than army, I dont think you get a lot of food options.
    Thank you for serving too.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Mike in Virginia is offline Senior Member
    You don't get much choice in basic, but you can still avoid sugary desserts and things like that. As for the rest of it, just do the best you can and don't stress about it. You can resume PB after.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

Viking is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    You don't get much choice in basic, but you can still avoid sugary desserts and things like that. As for the rest of it, just do the best you can and don't stress about it. You can resume PB after.
    +1 When you are a recruit your are a WORM and can't even ASK for other food choices (at least if drill sarge dude can see or hear). But do try to avoid wheat and eat lots of meat. There should be lots of meat choices.

Thanks to both you volunteers for serving!!!!

**EDIT** If avoiding wheat means not getting enough carbs to keep up your energy (and you can't get enough good fats) then forget that until after basic training.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I am in the army reserves, and I can tell you that you really won't worry about food options. You will be hungry, and every meal is the best you ever had. Just don't eat bread, oatmeal, or grits (corn mush) and you should be golden. Potatoes, rice, bacon and eggs, whole milk and/or cottage cheese, cheeseburgers (yes, you can eat cheeseburgers in basic. Don't eat the bun, and make sure you pass every PT test, just so the DS' don't give you shit). All the salad you can handle (I literally had a salad bar buffet at my basic), and all kinds of fruit. Just don't worry about the food, and don't let perfect be the enemy of good.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The only thing I noticed in basic was that I would get ill from drinking juice- too much sugar. Beyond that, I ate everything that was given to me in the dining facility or in an MRE. I stayed the same weight but definitely improved my composition from the exercise.

Honestly, you will be working too much and too hungry to say no to the calories. The amount of exercise that you do tends to normalize bodyweights- fat people lose, skinny people gain. There's a lot of walking, and marching, and a lot more intense exercises.

The meals have plenty of fat in them. Active soldiers have slightly different nutrient needs that most people, and they do a lot of research into what is needed.

Your drill sergeants will encourage everyone not to take any dessert, and you won't be allowed to carry or have any extra food. You'll get three meals a day, and that's it.

You won't have time to worry about it. You will have about 20-30 minutes to get 50 people through the line and back outside. The common phrase is "Eat it now, taste it later," which is encouragement to eat faster. I used to put everything in between slices of bread and eat a sandwich, because it was quicker. Chili mac? Chili mac sandwich. Mashed potatoes? Mashed potato sandwich.

Best of luck to you.

aireals is offline Member
    Im considering doing a couple day juice fast once I get out of basic just to clean out all the food Im going to end up eating while I am in. Thats my only plan as far as that goes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast