Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal [[Primalista]] page

Primalista is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal [[Primalista]]

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello! Well, a few weeks ago, I started a Primal Pregnancy Journal in the forums. And this past Monday, I miscarried my baby. I was only 5 weeks along, but it still hurt. I had decided when I found out that I was pregnant to go as Primal as possible. I wanted to be the healthiest I could be for my baby. So for the past 3 weeks, I have been between 50 and 70 percent primal. And now, I have been cleared to work out again! It was so hard to lose my baby, but I am going to now aim to be at least 90% primal. My husband and I have decided to try again for a baby next year, so I want to be as healthy and fit as possible by then. I know that keeping this journal will keep me accountable, so here I am! :]]

My stats at the moment are:
    Height-5ft 6in
    Weight-233 (Last week was 237-my highest weight ever)
    GOAL weight-135

Measurements:
    Neck- 14"
    Chest-44"
    Arms-(R) 13.5" (L) 13"
    Waist-39"
    Belly-49.5"
    Hips-49.5"
    Rear-50"
    Thighs-(R) 30.5" (L) 31"
    Calves-(R) 18.5" (L) 18.5"

The measurements may be TMI, but I want a record of all of this. I plan on re-doing my measurements every 30 days. And my weight every week. My goals are to lose all this extra fat, and become as fit and healthy as I can. My mom started eating primal 3 days ago, and she already says she feels so much better, and I want my dad, my husband, and my sister to switch to this way of eating as well. What better way to do that than show them with my own results?! So, there it all is. I plan on updating this often, and I am so excited to start this journey!
    Last edited by Primalista; 07-28-2011 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Clarify starting weight
    [[To live will be an awfully big adventure]]

Well! This has been a crazy week. It seems like everything in my life is trying hard to derail my efforts to get healthy. My husband wrecked his motorcycle last Sunday, and I have had to spend all week taking care of him. It has been so hard to stay on track, but I still managed to lose some weight!! I meant to update this on Friday, but better late than never. Lol

Starting weight-237
    Previous weight-233
    Current weight-230

My major problem now is getting off the soda. It is a major addiction for me, and so hard to break. I am doing pretty well with staying off baked good, bread, and sweets, but soda is hard to kick. I have been eating a lot of bacon, chicken thighs, and some veggies. I plan to really hunker down and dedicate myself to sticking to my eating plan this week.

On the waaay plus side, my mom has started eating Primal, and she says that she feels so much better! I am so happy for her, and am hoping that she can convince my dad to try it too. :]]

Goals for the coming week: Workout daily, kick the soda habit, wake up earlier.

whalersgirl is offline Junior Member
    Hey Primalista. I'm really sorry about your miscarriage, but it looks like you're taking really positive steps going forward, so good for you! It's pretty cool that you got your mom on board - my family looks at me cross-eyed when I try to explain PB to them.

Don't know if this will help you at all, but I've been curbing some of my soda-wanting by drinking flavored seltzer water, sometimes the stuff that comes flavored and sometimes I put lemon or lime wedges in to flavor it myself. Kind of gives you the feel that you're drinking soda, and tastes really good, but it doesn't have all the sugar or artificial sweetener you'd find in regular soda. Keep at it - you're doing great!

Thank you so much for the advice! I never thought to use seltzer water, I will have to try that. Hopefully it will work so I can finally kick soda to the curb!

I have been pretty lucky with my family. My dad didn't call me crazy when I explained it to him, my sister is halfway primal now, and my mom is about 90% primal. And she said she feel amazing. Now all I have to do is convince my hubby.... :]]

Thanks again!!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by whalersgirl View Post
    Hey Primalista. I'm really sorry about your miscarriage, but it looks like you're taking really positive steps going forward, so good for you! It's pretty cool that you got your mom on board - my family looks at me cross-eyed when I try to explain PB to them.

Don't know if this will help you at all, but I've been curbing some of my soda-wanting by drinking flavored seltzer water, sometimes the stuff that comes flavored and sometimes I put lemon or lime wedges in to flavor it myself. Kind of gives you the feel that you're drinking soda, and tastes really good, but it doesn't have all the sugar or artificial sweetener you'd find in regular soda. Keep at it - you're doing great!
    +1 I sometimes put a few drops of vanilla in my seltzer to make a cream soda. If you like fruitier sodas, you could use orange extract or whatever. I have never pursued getting cola extract. Would be great to find some that was clean.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

belinda is offline Senior Member
    I was never a huge pop drinker - a diet coke every once in a while, but it's hard finding a cold drink when you're primal that's not just water!

I bought a can of coconut water today and it's chilling in the fridge. I'll see if it's any good and will report back

When I think about how much sugar or artificial sweetener is in a can of pop it's enough to make me feel nauseous. I was a coffee addict, though, drinking six or so cups a day with milk and sugar. I've now weaned myself down to 2 or 3 cups unsweetened, black or occasionally with a splash of cream or coconut milk

Edited to add that I wanted to start this post by giving you a hug, but I was interrupted by my daughter and then the rest of my thought process took over!
    Last edited by belinda; 07-25-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

@belinda- thank you so much! Hugs are really appreciated :]] And I am really interested to hear how the coconut water goes. I have never tried it before, so I will see what you think, and maybe I will start drinking that. I have never liked coffee. I have tried to like it, but the only way that I can get any down is to put twice as much creamer in it as coffee, which sort of defeats the point of drinking the coffee in the first place.

@Hedonist- I will have to try putting some sort of fruit extract in some seltzer. I am going to the store today, so I will pick some up and report back. Never thought of looking for cola extract. I doubt I could find any that wasn't full of crap, but I will look :]]

Well, I feel like poo today. Yesterday went very well. Was 100% primal, until about 6pm. That was when my hubby asked me to run into the store and get him a Dr. Pepper. Ugh. So I, of course, weakened when I saw the huge display of Coke, and I got one. And then another one. I drank them both last night, and I am paying for it today. I feel awful. No energy, I slept awful, and I have spent quite a long amount of time in the *ahem* loo. I am so mad at myself. But I am using this as motivation to never drink another soda again! I am going to the store in a bit to buy some seltzer water to see how that works out for me.

Other than that, I have been doing pretty well. No huge disasters so far this week (knock wood) and I have been eating about 80% primal. Which is starting to pay off, since I have lost 7 pounds :]] I haven't been working out really, but I am going to start in the morning. If just eating primal can help me feel so much better and lose weight, I imagine working out as well will be even better! I am also gonna start keeping track of all that I eat. I think I am eating in the correct proportions, but we will see. Thanks for all the advice and support!!! Love this site <3

Well, today has been a pretty good day. The last 3 days were pretty good too. I have been eating pretty well, have almost cut out soda, and I am off of sweets! I actually feel kinda good when I wake up in the morning. Which I haven't been able to say in a looong time. But now, time for my weight-in:

Starting weight: 237
    Last week: 230.5
    Today: 229!!!

Yeah I lost 1.5 pounds! Which isn't a lot, but I am not below 230, which I have not been in over a year! It feels so good to say goodbye to 8 WHOLE pounds forever!!! I am loving this, and I absolutely cannot wait to reach my goal. I haven't really been working out, and I know I need to. I have written out a exercise schedule for the next couple weeks. And in 2 or 3 weeks, I will change it up. I get bored really fast with workouts, so I am already planning ways that I can change it up. I have also decided to start using FitDay to track my macronutrients. I need to actually see what I am eating, and not just guess. I am hoping that I am as on-track as I think I am. I haven't been eating near enough fat or veggies, I already know that. It is just me being lazy, cause I do not want to get out all the stuff to chop veggies and cook. BUT, I know that I need to, so I need to stop making excuses and just do it. :]]

Wish me luck, and I will update again either tomorrow or Sunday!

belinda is offline Senior Member
    YOu're off to a great start!

Reporting back on the coconut water.... Ick! I bought a can of Grace Coconut water and thought I would drink it on my 2 hour road trip yesterday. I didn't realize it had sugar in it. It was nauseating. I tried but I could only get about 3 sips in before I had to throw it away.

I might try it again if I can find an unsweetened variety but I wasn't impressed at all.
    Newcomers: If you haven't read the book, at least read this thread ... and all the links!
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread17722.html

F/49/5'4"
    Jan. 1, 2011: 186.6 lbs PBSW Mar. 1, 2011: 175.8 lbs
    CW: 146.8 lbs
    GW 140 lbs
    A proud member of PETA: People Eating Tasty Animals

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast