Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male receding hairling page

TimActor is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Hey folks,

This is my first post so forgive me if it's in the wrong place.

I'm 25 and have been gradually receding at the front of my hair for the last few years. I'm wondering if anyone out there has thoughts about a particular dietary intake that might help "reduce" or even halt the loss from this point on.

Further to this - has anyone tried Procerin? I've ordered some online so if any of you kind people have experience with it, I'd love to hear.

Cheers all,

Tim

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member

Tim:

Interesting set of priorities. You've been a member for about 12 minutes; your first post is 7 minutes ago.

Let's get you healthy first before we start talking pharmaceuticals...

:-D

Hey kuno1chi,

Cheers for your reply. My health is pretty impeccable and always has been, long before going Primal 7 months ago...It's just that I've only signed up to the forum today :-)

T

maba is offline Senior Member

Welcome Tim! I read on Tim Naughton's "Fat Head" blog that having sufficient vitamin D levels can suppress the baldness gene. But he could have been joking, considering how Vit D seems to be offered as a panacea now. I guess that didn't really answer your question.

Paneristi is offline Member

A guy at work uses Propecia, he says it's great, he says he highly recommends buying Proscar and splitting them though. Propecia is 1 mg Finasteride, Proscar is 5 mg, but they cost roughly the same per pill.

By the way there seems to be a slight chance that you will grow breasts; like he has and it's not reversible !

Mr B Guest

My dad's almost bald. One of my brothers and I are following close behind.

Best solution...shave that sh*t. lol

Cheap. Easy to maintain. No worrisome receding hairline or bald spots. Win/win.

withtao Guest

Keeping insulin levels and inflammation down can help slow/reduce the onset of baldness. Here's a link regarding insulin resistance and baldness:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Baldness-L...iet?&id=109530

Thanks for all your advice, guys!

Tim

Theriomorphos Guest

Cordain L, Eades MR, Eades MD. Hyperinsulinemic diseases of civilization: more than just syndrome X. Comp Biochem Physiol Part A 2003;136:95-112.

ABSTRACT

Compensatory hyperinsulinemia stemming from peripheral insulin resistance is a well recognized metabolic disturbance that is at the root cause of diseases and maladies of Syndrome X (hypertension, type 2 diabetes, dyslipidemia, coronary artery disease, obesity, abnormal glucose tolerance). Abnormalities of fibrinolysis and hyperuricaemia also appear to be members of the cluster of illnesses comprising Syndrome X. Insulin is a well established growth promoting hormone, and recent evidence indicates that hyperinsulinemia causes a shift in a number of endocrine pathways that may favor unregulated tissue growth leading to additional illnesses. Specifically, hyperinsulinemia elevates serum concentrations of free insulin like growth factor 1 (IGF-1) and androgens while simultaneously reducing insulin like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). Since IGFBP-3 is a ligand for the nuclear retinoid X receptor ?, insulin mediated reductions in IGFBP-3 may also influence transcription of anti-proliferative genes normally activated by the body’s endogenous retinoids. These endocrine shifts alter cellular proliferation and growth in a variety of tissues whose clinical course may promote acne, early menarche, certain epithelial cell carcinomas, increased stature, myopia, cutaneous papillomas (skin tags), acanthosis nigricans, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and male vertex balding. Consequently, these illnesses and conditions may, in part, have hyperinsulinemia at their root cause and therefore should be classified among the diseases of Syndrome X.

Theriomorphos Guest

In The Paleo Diet Dr. Cordain recommends avoiding high starch foods because they are usually high-glycemic load foods. Those foods cause hyperinsulinemia, which is at the root of many western diseases such as acne, myopia, polycystic ovary syndrome, male vertex balding, early menarche, certain epithelial cells carcinomas, obesity, type 2 diabetes, hypertension, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast