Thread: Ravenous, for no reason... page

davem is offline Senior Member

Ravenous, for no reason...

Primal Fuel
    Anyone get that way? I've been completely overboard with eating today (full journal at the link in my sig), had a pound of prime rib for dinner along with a salad, and broccoli, lunch was three eggs, a salad, and some left over meat from a beef rib, add in some nuts and kefir, and I've eaten a ton but still hungry.

WTH?! Worked out tonight, but nothing crazy thanks to DOMS, just a 20 minute bike warm up, pull ups, dips, and leg press machine <20 minutes.

First day in a month I've eaten something early in the morning, could that be a factor? No idea, but this ain't cool.
    My Fitday public journal.
    Me vs. Russian Boar, hunt is on Aug. 20th. WHAT'S MORE PRIMAL THAN THAT?!
    Recently survived Warrior Dash, New England.
    Game Developer, ex-Chef, long time Fatbody.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm. Maybe not hunger. Maybe just your body trying to digest all that.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Yep, absolutely. Then there's times when I feel like I'm barely eating anything at all - then I track it, and find out that I'm barely eating anything at all! I figure it all evens out in the long run, and am finally beginning to just trust my body. I also ask myself if I'm really hungry, or is it just cravings - if I think of eating the most unappetizing thing in the house and I still want to eat it, its hunger, so I have something to eat. If I'm ho-hum about lettuce w tuna, but want to pack back something else, I'll have something light to eat.
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    How many carbs per day are you eating? Maybe you should add in some starchy carbs.

[My target is around 75, but I'm hitting between 65 and 100 consistently. I don't think I'd suddenly be hungry like this, but haven't eaten differently in general over the last month.

Elaine- I get what you're saying. I've been willing to eat some Of The jarred tuna we have, so that's pretty telling. I hate canned fish. I was icing my leg otherwise I would have eaten one of the chicken breasts I grilled yesterday.

Hedonist- not really sure at that.

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Yep, I'd say you're genuinely hungry then! Thing is, its not all about exercise and what we think we've done through the day. Hunger can be driven by nutrition needs as well, and if your body needs that nutrition you're better off eating something healthy that it wants. You could be going through a massive healing phase that you're unaware of, your body is obviously doing something that needs some fuel.

Its been terribly hard for me to learn to just eat, and not stress about every bit of food that I swallow. I now do my best to figure out what it is my body is asking for, and do that. And the weight? Keeps coming off! And my health? Keeps getting better
    Fighting fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain since 2002.

Big Fat Fiasco

Our bodies crave real food. We remain hungry as long as we refuse to eat real food, no matter how much junk we stuff into our stomachs. ~J. Stanton

Angel_102 is offline Member
    I go through phases like that too - but then also days when I unintentionally skip a couple of meals. Am losing weight overall (which is my goal) so I figure it doesn't matter and I just eat more on the days when my body/mind tells me to - and make sure it is all primal.

I think the fact you've written here about this shows it isn't a regular occurrence, so just go with it!
    Starting Date: 21st May 2011
    Starting Weight: 194lbs
    Current Weight: 178lbs
    Goal Weight: 126lbs

So an update - I think it was a glitch in the matrix. To balance out the ravenous hunger yesterday, was completely uninterested in food today. I ate some sweet potato as a treat/ bribe, but only 1 meal today and that was pushing it.

So odd how it played out, as I can't pick out another time I was that hungry in my life.

I am now making pemmican, just in case.