Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: I want a new exercise dvd! Suggestions? page

  1. #1
    Valkyria's Avatar
    Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    334

    I want a new exercise dvd! Suggestions?

    The title says it all really. I would like to add to my collection, and at the moment I would prefer yoga or pilates but feel free to suggestion something else if it's something you enjoy.

    Thanks!
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

    A Primal Twin Pregnancy

    Proud mother of twin girls!

  2. #2
    FairyRae's Avatar
    FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,996
    Something that I think is way better than a dvd is the site YogaGlo.com - Online Yoga Classes and Streaming Yoga Videos. It freakin' rocks. Basically, its a bunch of REAL classes that have been recorded in a yoga studio and stream online. (Basically like going to an actual class in your living room.) You can check out the site for 15 days for free (and try as many classes as you want) and then its about $18 a month to keep it. I personally really really really enjoy it. The best part is that there are classes for every level (including intermediate/advanced which is hard to find!), and if you are looking to work on arm balances, inversions, forward bends, etc, there are specific classes available to meet your needs. Also offer many different styles as well. VERY worth checking out. I've got a couple of yogi friends who have all tried it and are now hooked. (No substitute for getting to a real class, esp if you are a beginner or have injuries etc, BUT, if you do have a home practice, I think this is one of the best resources available...)

    My favorite yoga dvd ever is Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. BUT, IMO it still pales in comparison to how awesome yogaglo is...
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

    "I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

  3. #3
    Valkyria's Avatar
    Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Something that I think is way better than a dvd is the site YogaGlo.com - Online Yoga Classes and Streaming Yoga Videos. It freakin' rocks. Basically, its a bunch of REAL classes that have been recorded in a yoga studio and stream online. (Basically like going to an actual class in your living room.) You can check out the site for 15 days for free (and try as many classes as you want) and then its about $18 a month to keep it. I personally really really really enjoy it. The best part is that there are classes for every level (including intermediate/advanced which is hard to find!), and if you are looking to work on arm balances, inversions, forward bends, etc, there are specific classes available to meet your needs. Also offer many different styles as well. VERY worth checking out. I've got a couple of yogi friends who have all tried it and are now hooked. (No substitute for getting to a real class, esp if you are a beginner or have injuries etc, BUT, if you do have a home practice, I think this is one of the best resources available...)

    My favorite yoga dvd ever is Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. BUT, IMO it still pales in comparison to how awesome yogaglo is...
    That website sounds good, but the pc is in a corner where there's no room to do yoga so that will have to wait until we hopefully get a laptop.
    I'll look up that dvd though. Thanks for the suggestions.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

    A Primal Twin Pregnancy

    Proud mother of twin girls!

  4. #4
    Valkyria's Avatar
    Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    334
    Does no one else use dvds?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

    A Primal Twin Pregnancy

    Proud mother of twin girls!

  5. #5
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RI, USA
    Posts
    1,034
    Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rae... 4 workouts but has the option to design your own choosing from sections for the 4. AWESOME.

  6. #6
    twa2w's Avatar
    twa2w is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    362
    if you want something different you could try the heavyhands yoga DVD. Likely pick it up cheap on ebay

  7. #7
    Valkyria's Avatar
    Valkyria is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rae... 4 workouts but has the option to design your own choosing from sections for the 4. AWESOME.
    Loads of her dvds on Amazon ... Looks good, hard to choose though ...lol!

    Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    if you want something different you could try the heavyhands yoga DVD. Likely pick it up cheap on ebay
    What's that?
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

    A Primal Twin Pregnancy

    Proud mother of twin girls!

  8. #8
    arthurb999's Avatar
    arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    RI, USA
    Posts
    1,034
    I have Yoga Shakti dvd... would recommend. dont have any others..

  9. #9
    RitaRose's Avatar
    RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    3,952
    I have Netflix and use streaming videos. I'm not an expert at yoga - pretty much a newbie - but I really like the "Crunch: Candlelight Yoga" video, which you can get as a DVD too.

    It sounds like it's just relaxing and stretching, but it kicked my ass, and I'm fairly active.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

  10. #10
    erikJ's Avatar
    erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    san Francisco
    Posts
    262
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No offense, not trying to be sassy. but, go outside. Run and jump and play in nature. The last thing any of us need is more tv.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •