Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want a new exercise dvd! Suggestions? page

Valkyria is offline Senior Member

I want a new exercise dvd! Suggestions?

The title says it all really. I would like to add to my collection, and at the moment I would prefer yoga or pilates but feel free to suggestion something else if it's something you enjoy.

Thanks!
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Proud mother of twin girls!

FairyRae is offline Senior Member
    Something that I think is way better than a dvd is the site YogaGlo.com - Online Yoga Classes and Streaming Yoga Videos. It freakin' rocks. Basically, its a bunch of REAL classes that have been recorded in a yoga studio and stream online. (Basically like going to an actual class in your living room.) You can check out the site for 15 days for free (and try as many classes as you want) and then its about $18 a month to keep it. I personally really really really enjoy it. The best part is that there are classes for every level (including intermediate/advanced which is hard to find!), and if you are looking to work on arm balances, inversions, forward bends, etc, there are specific classes available to meet your needs. Also offer many different styles as well. VERY worth checking out. I've got a couple of yogi friends who have all tried it and are now hooked. (No substitute for getting to a real class, esp if you are a beginner or have injuries etc, BUT, if you do have a home practice, I think this is one of the best resources available...)

My favorite yoga dvd ever is Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. BUT, IMO it still pales in comparison to how awesome yogaglo is...
    My Before/After Pics
    Are you new here? Be sure to check these links FIRST, before reading anything on the forum! Succeed & PB 101

"I am a work in progress." -Ani DiFranco

Quote Originally Posted by FairyRae View Post
    Something that I think is way better than a dvd is the site YogaGlo.com - Online Yoga Classes and Streaming Yoga Videos. It freakin' rocks. Basically, its a bunch of REAL classes that have been recorded in a yoga studio and stream online. (Basically like going to an actual class in your living room.) You can check out the site for 15 days for free (and try as many classes as you want) and then its about $18 a month to keep it. I personally really really really enjoy it. The best part is that there are classes for every level (including intermediate/advanced which is hard to find!), and if you are looking to work on arm balances, inversions, forward bends, etc, there are specific classes available to meet your needs. Also offer many different styles as well. VERY worth checking out. I've got a couple of yogi friends who have all tried it and are now hooked. (No substitute for getting to a real class, esp if you are a beginner or have injuries etc, BUT, if you do have a home practice, I think this is one of the best resources available...)

My favorite yoga dvd ever is Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti. BUT, IMO it still pales in comparison to how awesome yogaglo is...
    That website sounds good, but the pc is in a corner where there's no room to do yoga so that will have to wait until we hopefully get a laptop.
    I'll look up that dvd though. Thanks for the suggestions.
    "All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

Does no one else use dvds?
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rae... 4 workouts but has the option to design your own choosing from sections for the 4. AWESOME.

twa2w is online now Senior Member
    if you want something different you could try the heavyhands yoga DVD. Likely pick it up cheap on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999 View Post
    Yoga Shakti by Shiva Rae... 4 workouts but has the option to design your own choosing from sections for the 4. AWESOME.
    Loads of her dvds on Amazon ... Looks good, hard to choose though ...lol!

Quote Originally Posted by twa2w View Post
    if you want something different you could try the heavyhands yoga DVD. Likely pick it up cheap on ebay
    What's that?
    Paracelsus

A Primal Twin Pregnancy

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    I have Yoga Shakti dvd... would recommend. dont have any others..

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I have Netflix and use streaming videos. I'm not an expert at yoga - pretty much a newbie - but I really like the "Crunch: Candlelight Yoga" video, which you can get as a DVD too.

It sounds like it's just relaxing and stretching, but it kicked my ass, and I'm fairly active.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No offense, not trying to be sassy. but, go outside. Run and jump and play in nature. The last thing any of us need is more tv.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast