Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high protein not fat? page

primalTatoolover is offline Senior Member

high protein not fat?

Shop Now
    ive noticed that when i eat a large amount of fats i get more tired...i use alot of coconut oil which is by far the easiest fat to digest...im just curious if it would be bad if i had a much larger ratio of protein to fat instead of the usual high fat moderate protein that seems to be used by most people...im very very lean and i spent most of my life eating minimal fat so im thinking my body is just so unused to processing fat in general its not capable of handling the fat right now...ill balance it out by upping my carb ratio to maybe 200 since ive never had issues with weight...but i find i just feel great when i eat tons of meat lol would it be bad? id be eating much more then my bodyweight in kg thats for sure(most places i look judge your protein needs in kg so that puts me at 65-70grams and i eat now about 100-120) and id probably increase that..thoughts?

erikJ is offline Senior Member
    Try some Now super enzymes when you eat lots of fat, they help break down fats and make them easier to digest. I found that when I started eating primal/paleo that high fat had that effect on me too, but the enzymes helped get my digestion up to a level where it could handle the higher fat.
    Start with three caps per meal (while eating) and look for a warm sensation in your chest, If you don't feel it Take 4 caps per meal and hold at that dosage until you start to feel the warmth and then titrate down once cap at a time until you no longer need them. It took about a month for me.

Paleobird Guest
    IMO and in my experience you don't really need the levels of fat that are preached around here. High fat can be useful in getting someone who is very overweight and very addicted to sugar/carbs though the transition to PB. After that, I really think people overdo it and it is the reason behind so many of the "What am I doing wrong, PB isn't working" threads.

If you eat high amounts of animal protein you will naturally be taking in a fair amount of fat that is part of it. I think the mistake is in slathering on all the extra fats on top of everything like butter and mayo everywhere. Listen to your body. If it is telling you to cut back on the fat go for it. Not Dean Ornish fat phobic levels, just enjoy your meat. See how it goes.

hmm i used to take enzymes..i just hate taking pills it drives me mad lol ...i think you may be right paleobird..my food is all cooked with fat and some are fatty cuts and my body doesnt seem to mind if i put a little..i guess at my weight i am efficiently processing fat so i dont need such a large amt as others...just getting paranoid loll thanks!

peril is offline Senior Member
    What is your lean body mass? You should be having 1g protein for each pound. For me that is around 140g protein per day. 100g sounds low for you
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

gojirama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    IMO and in my experience you don't really need the levels of fat that are preached around here. High fat can be useful in getting someone who is very overweight and very addicted to sugar/carbs though the transition to PB. After that, I really think people overdo it and it is the reason behind so many of the "What am I doing wrong, PB isn't working" threads.

If you eat high amounts of animal protein you will naturally be taking in a fair amount of fat that is part of it. I think the mistake is in slathering on all the extra fats on top of everything like butter and mayo everywhere. Listen to your body. If it is telling you to cut back on the fat go for it. Not Dean Ornish fat phobic levels, just enjoy your meat. See how it goes.
    + 1
    I don't eat spoonfuls of coconut oil, I take the skin off my chicken and trim the fat off my beef and pork. I'd feel very ill if I ate the level of fat some people here seem to.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    I think, as Paleobird has been hinting in some of her threads, there's a little difference between genders when it comes to fat intake; or, at least, how men, and women might handle it differently. Just a guess.

some places say eat your protein based on your lean body weight in pounds others in kg..its confusing...in kg id be at 70g in pounds id be at 140..big damn diff lol ...i average about 120 or so i guess..personally i just want to up my fat intake for weight gain...but its not worth the bloating and fatigue...maybe if i stay consistent my system will get more efficient at processing fat then i can up my dosages until then ill lower them and up my protein and carb content...

Unclepauly is offline Junior Member
    The high fat that people keep recommending here is a load of SHAT. Grok didn't have access to this much fat anywhere in the world.. animals living in the wild have so much lower fat levels it's ridiculous. Almost evey animal you can catch running wild is a lean animal. I'd imagine carbs were pretty scarce too except certain times of year you can find trees bearing fruit. I'd wager Grok was high protein low fat low carb 85% of the year. Don't forget Grok ate the organs/bones too so you need to get those vitamins from somewhere if you don't do the same.

TARNIP is offline Senior Member
    I personally use fat for flavour, not as an alternative food group

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast