Thread: Dairy Dilemma page

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member

Question Dairy Dilemma

Primal Fuel
    I am wondering about dairy. I have been researching and reading and ARG! Trying to get definitive info is tough. Yes, I read what Mark wrote about dairy and to be honest, it did not do much for me. I am not coming from the whole ethical point of should you drink the milk of another animal (not even interested in those comments) but rather:

Is dairy like a carb crutch? Even though i eat full fat cottage cheese there carbs (milk sugars) same for other full fat dairy.

I have given up dairy before- no problem (occasional lactose issues) but I do enjoy it and hey, its a great way to get protein and fat. I want to be healthy. I want to see my dreams come true (such as losing enough and getting strong enough to start climbing etc.)

The dairy I consume: heavy cream, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, whole milk mozzarella (very rare), well aged primo gouda's (very rare)
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    The carbs in those things are pretty negligible. If you are accomplishing your goals and you feel okay eating them, there isn't any reason to exclude those things.

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    The carbs in those things are pretty negligible. If you are accomplishing your goals and you feel okay eating them, there isn't any reason to exclude those things.
    thank you so much. I guess if they start to hinder progress I may want to reevaluate them.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.