Thread: muscle stress page

quelsen is offline Senior Member

muscle stress

so my muscles have been al tight and painfull since tilling my planting bed last saturday. I figured it was just repair but it was getting worse and worse.

Most of the week was pure protien with non of my normal carbs so lets say i averaged 25 carbs a day.

except for yesterday. I had some pineaple mushroom zuchinni peppers and onion grilled. + i made coconut muffins with dried cocnut sap and coconut flakes.

This morning on the way to work my left foot just relaxed like whoosh.

If i expended my musculature glycogen without replacing it would that account for the tightness and stress?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    the first week i started eating primal (vlc) i also began doing the PBF and i had severe muscle pain after the first workout, especially in my quads/thighs which i attributed to the squats i was doing. it lasted about a week and then finally faded away. i really couldnt explain it as i have worked out before just as hard or harder then i did that day and had never gotten so sore. i guess what i am saying is you may be on to something about the expeded glycogen (or some other similar function). very interesting

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    It could. I once was working outside trimming trees and moving all the branches for about 8 hours straight. My biceps both cramped up at the same time and I knew it was from some sort of glycogen problem. I had my wife make me a typical post workout shake (dextrose and whey) since I couldn't move because of the pain. I slammed it really fast and within 5 minutes my cramps were gone. I think part of it was placebo effect, but I never had the problem again.
    You might want to eat a sweet potato (or 2) over the next 24 hours and see if that helps.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    Hmm. The only time I experience muscle cramps is after I carb-up following a few days of low-carb. For example, I eat pretty low carb Saturday and Sunday, then after my workout on Monday, I eat ~200g carbs. I often go for a walk after this meal and can feel my leg muscles start to cramp up. My theory is that water is being used to store glycogen and dehydrating the rest of my body. So I try to drink plenty of water now and it seems to help. I once had a cramp so bad in my vastus medials (one of the quad muscles) that I had to sit down on the floor and use my arms to bend my knee in an attempt to make it stop contracting. It was totally ridiculous.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Yeah i am extremly carb phobic, to the point of OCD i think. probably took all week to replace and i bet that raised my cortisol. grrrr

balance in all things
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com