Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: So who's on Google+ so far? page

  1. #1
    cillakat's Avatar
    cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,473

    So who's on Google+ so far?

    Primal Fuel
    I've found suprisingly few paleo people....so far, at least in my circles, it's just David Cszonka (thrive naturally), zooko (twitter), jamie scott just joined (that paleo guy), emily deans just joined (evolutionarypsychiatry)

    me:
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/102827299002180820118/posts

    At first I didn't get it but now it's becoming clear that this could take the place of not only facebook, but also twitter and in many cases, blogs.

    So far i have my circles set up thusly:

    To read:
    G+ tips
    Read 1 (top tier priority reads across all circles - that circle only has 6 or 7 people)
    Read 2 (2nd tier priority reads across all circles - approx another 20 people)

    To post (or read if so desired)
    •all (which is absolutely everyone) who 'follows' me
    •known to me (to post stuff that only those actually known to me should know or might want to know - including trip plans, kid pics etc)
    •secular (everyone except folks known by me to be religious...don't want to start crazy debates with my atheist/freethinking rants)
    •paleo/primal/science (anyone I know through paleo/primal wether local or long distance or anyone interested in nutrition-y, science-y posts)
    •birth and lactation professionals (or others similarly interested)
    •atlanta local
    •atlanta local secular only (for local skeptic/atheist events)
    •homeschool (to share stuff with hs friends all over the world/country)
    •homeschool local (to share stuff wtih just local hs friends)

    Helpful tip:
    If you follow someone, they show up in your main 'stream' wether or not they follow you back.
    If someone follows you and you don't follow them back, they show up in 'incoming'.


    Katherine
    Last edited by cillakat; 07-14-2011 at 04:37 PM.



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order


  2. #2
    loafingcactus's Avatar
    loafingcactus is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    1,480
    I'm wary of them after the accidental discloser of address books on the prevous version... Waiting to see how it goes.

    Also this "circles is revolutionary" thing... I have my Facebook people grouped... No one sees a lllll my posts, just the people who I want to see my posts. It is underused for sure, but it is there.
    “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
    Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

  3. #3
    Mike Gager's Avatar
    Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    1,067
    i am on but im not impressed so far

  4. #4
    Aly's Avatar
    Aly
    Aly is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    145
    I still haven't received an invite from G+ yet. I can't decide if it will replace facebook though.

    Also, you're in atlanta? Sweet! Have you checked out this group yet? We have a primal meetup in decatur this weekend! Not sure if RSVPs are still open though.
    Last edited by Aly; 07-14-2011 at 06:42 PM.

  5. #5
    cillakat's Avatar
    cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    4,473
    At first I thought "eh, it's like facebook but with no people" then I shifted my thinking -

    1)because it's not about friend-ing, you can 'follow' people just because they're interesting or funny or because they happen to be a foodie or a photog or a homeschooler or whatever.

    2)circles are revolutionary - but not in the way you think if you think it's like facebook groups. i too had facebook 'friends' in groups...'secular', friends, family, birth junkies, science folks etc. But google+ is different because 1)they don't have to be friends and 2) "circles" gives you a way to read content you want without having to read everyone's posts. I only read 20-40 (designated by my circles "read one" and "read 2") but post to many many more.

    3)this could absolutely take the place of twitter, facebook and really, of gmail even. from google+, i can "message" my husband by designating him as the only recipient of a post and disabling sharing. voila! private messaging.

    Aly, I don't know that anyone is getting invites from google. I'm happy to invite you though. Feel free to send me your email: cillakat (at) gmail (dot) com



    iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order


  6. #6
    Primal Fist's Avatar
    Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    1,714
    Thanks, I didn't even know that existed. New thing learned about for the day.

  7. #7
    Lukys's Avatar
    Lukys is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    48
    I am. I suppose I might consider following some primal people.

  8. #8
    lssanjose's Avatar
    lssanjose is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tigard, OR
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    At first I thought "eh, it's like facebook but with no people" then I shifted my thinking -

    1)because it's not about friend-ing, you can 'follow' people just because they're interesting or funny or because they happen to be a foodie or a photog or a homeschooler or whatever.

    2)circles are revolutionary - but not in the way you think if you think it's like facebook groups. i too had facebook 'friends' in groups...'secular', friends, family, birth junkies, science folks etc. But google+ is different because 1)they don't have to be friends and 2) "circles" gives you a way to read content you want without having to read everyone's posts. I only read 20-40 (designated by my circles "read one" and "read 2") but post to many many more.

    3)this could absolutely take the place of twitter, facebook and really, of gmail even. from google+, i can "message" my husband by designating him as the only recipient of a post and disabling sharing. voila! private messaging.

    Aly, I don't know that anyone is getting invites from google. I'm happy to invite you though. Feel free to send me your email: cillakat (at) gmail (dot) com
    Interesting way to look at this, thanks!

  9. #9
    lolov's Avatar
    lolov is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    334
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post

    So far i have my circles set up thusly:

    To read:
    G+ tips
    Read 1 (top tier priority reads across all circles - that circle only has 6 or 7 people)
    Read 2 (2nd tier priority reads across all circles - approx another 20 people)

    To post (or read if so desired)
    •all (which is absolutely everyone) who 'follows' me
    •known to me (to post stuff that only those actually known to me should know or might want to know - including trip plans, kid pics etc)
    •secular (everyone except folks known by me to be religious...don't want to start crazy debates with my atheist/freethinking rants)
    •paleo/primal/science (anyone I know through paleo/primal wether local or long distance or anyone interested in nutrition-y, science-y posts)
    •birth and lactation professionals (or others similarly interested)
    •atlanta local
    •atlanta local secular only (for local skeptic/atheist events)
    •homeschool (to share stuff with hs friends all over the world/country)
    •homeschool local (to share stuff wtih just local hs friends)

    Helpful tip:
    If you follow someone, they show up in your main 'stream' wether or not they follow you back.
    If someone follows you and you don't follow them back, they show up in 'incoming'.


    Katherine
    You are SO far ahead of me... I signed up... made one stupid post and haven't been back to set it up at all :/ Can I just steal your circles? That would be so easy ;-)

  10. #10
    lolov's Avatar
    lolov is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    334
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by lolov View Post
    You are SO far ahead of me... I signed up... made one stupid post and haven't been back to set it up at all :/ Can I just steal your circles? That would be so easy ;-)
    And. holeee carp... I had no idea you were a secular homeschooler?! How did I miss that!! ME TOO!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •