Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roast Beef Ramen....I know its criminal but I have to try it I love Ramen page

Raiken3712 is offline Senior Member

Roast Beef Ramen....I know its criminal but I have to try it I love Ramen

Shop Now
    So anyway my brother bought some Roast Beef Ramen that I was wanting him to get before I started Primal. Since I was the one that got him to get it I figured I would just try it. I don't plan on eating a ton, but was curious as to what I can do to minimize any issues it might cause.

Drinking plenty of water is one I guess because of the ton of extra sodium in it. Anything else?
    You can't talk me out of it by the way...this is my 20 I haven't cheated much at all and I really want to try it because I love Ramen. I also plan to do some exercise in about an hour to hopefully blunt the insulin spike.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    There was some supplement that I've seen people mention that they would take to minimize intestinal/gut damage. I can't remember what it was. If I come across it, I'll let you know.

Well that was helpful....thanks! I kid I kid maybe your thinking of probiotics? They are supposed to help your gut. Thanks for the post.

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    Raiken....you've been on the forums asking for help and have been getting ideas, opinions, and support. You tell us that you eat primally, using food-like products, and then ask about ramen and how to offset it's damaging consequences. Well, DON'T EAT IT! Getting results from eating paleo/primal only works IF YOU DO IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Raiken3712 View Post
    Well that was helpful....thanks! I kid I kid maybe your thinking of probiotics? They are supposed to help your gut. Thanks for the post.
    Sorry, I'm in a really post-y mood lately. I should have just waited until I found what it was. At least your post got a bump! And it wasn't probiotics, though I guess those might help.

Don't tell me sorry I was trying to be silly...I wasn't serious...the post was fine I didn't mind that you didn't have the answer it made me think of probiotics. Which I probably need to eat more of...need to go look up what good sources are again.

I appreciate it too denbro01....and I understand its not a good thing to eat Ramen....but I just really wanted to try it because I've been wanting to for a long time. I only plan on eating one and than I'll go back to not eating any grains. As to the eating food like products that's because that's all I have in my house right now. I plan on improving the meat and other things I have in my house when I get a job but I can't make my mom buy primal stuff when the rest of my family isn't eating primal or even trying to.

I'm basically a leech right now...I feel quite pathetic...I've been jobless for well over a year now and my mom and brother who I live with haven't kicked me out. I can't exactly pressure them into buying things for me that will cost more until I get a job and contribute. I also have a sister so 4 people and right now my brother is the only one with a job. My mom is looking but hasn't found one yet either.

I am very grateful for your ideas, opinions, and support and hope no one decides I'm scum and don't deserve anything because I eat one packet of ramen. I do want to continue to improve my eating and hopefully sometime soon I'll get to the point where I won't want to eat anything bad. Thanks again

denbro01 is offline Senior Member
    No one thinks your scum!! We are looking out for you!

No worries Raiken, I know your reply was in fun. Still, posting like I did (with no useful info) is kinda foolish.

PrimalCon New York
    I know no one thinks I'm scum...or at least not most. I probably feel worse about myself than anyone else. I know you are. Thanks. Anyway I ate my ramen my cheating is done and I'm back to trying to eat better. Hopefully I can get a job soon and stop eating the packaged sandwich meat and eat more vegetables.

Just went from 263.2 to 262.8 so I'm still losing it seems so I'll stick with it . Thanks again for looking out for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast