Thread: Alternating programs every other week? page

GaretJax is offline Junior Member

Alternating programs every other week?

I started following the eating principles of the Primal Blueprint about 11 months ago and started following the SimpleFit routine at this same time. When I started SimpleFit I couldn't even do a partial pull-up. Today I am on level 6 of SimpleFit and can do about 16 pull-ups with good form. I really like SimpleFit (thanks to Cheapo for his post on SimpleFit which I found here), but wanted try something else to fill in a few days. I read about Shovelglove on this forum as well and decided to give it a try. I picked up a 12# sledgehammer the other day and tried a few of the Shovelglove exercises. I only 'googed' around for about 10 minutes just to get a feel for it. The next day I was sore all over. My arms, shoulders, back and legs. I thought I was in pretty decent shape, but boy did just 10 minutes of moving a sledgehammer wear me out. But I really liked it. I like how Shovelglove works my entire body.

I don't want to give up SimpleFit, and I think doing both during the week might be a little much for me. So I was planning on doing alternating weeks. SimpleFit one week and Shovelglove the next. Does this seem like an ok idea?

Gathwh is offline Senior Member
    Sure.

Nethru is offline Member
    Do whatever feels good to you. As long as your pushing yourself and improving it's alllllllllllllll good! It's good to mix up the routines periodically to get past those platues too.
    ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    try it for a few months and see how it goes. my gut reaction is that the muscle confusion may yield some gains, it should force your body to adapt possitively.