Thread: Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters page

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member

Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters

Shop Now
    Just made a batch with the changes in brackets. A great way to use up those zucchini coming in fast and furious from all my gardening friends. A good hash-browns substitute for breakfast.

Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters Recipe - Mario Batali | Food & Wine

Zucchini-Ricotta Fritters ,
    Mario Batali recipe
    1. 2 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces each), coarsely shredded
    2. 2 garlic cloves, very thinly sliced
    3. 3 large scallions, very thinly sliced
    4. 1/2 cup fresh sheep-milk ricotta cheese
    5. 2 large eggs
    6. 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
    7. Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
    8. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour [omit]
    9. Olive oil, for frying [butter and bacon grease]
    10. Lemon wedges, for serving
    1. In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, garlic, scallions, ricotta, eggs, lemon zest and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Stir well, then stir in the flour just until incorporated.
    2. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels. In a large skillet, heat 1/4 inch of olive oil until shimmering. Working in batches, add 2-tablespoon mounds of the zucchini batter to the hot oil, spreading them to form 3-inch fritters. Fry over moderately high heat, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 3 minutes. Drain the fritters on the paper towels and serve right away, with lemon wedges.
    Make Ahead The fritters can be kept at room temperature for up to 2 hours and recrisped in a 325° oven.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Violette is offline Senior Member
    Will do these. TY.

Danigrok is offline Senior Member
    Do you substitute the flour?
    ~Danielle~

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danigrok View Post
    Do you substitute the flour?
    I just left it out, the eggs were sufficient binder, but you could also add coconut flour.
    Last edited by SugarBaby; 07-16-2011 at 06:55 AM.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)