Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meat resources online page

kiss is offline Senior Member

Meat resources online

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was just wondering if anyone had good experiences ordering meat online? I live in South Florida and I've tried to order perishables, such as chocolate or cheese , but a lot of companies won't ship to Florida in summer.
    There are no Trader Joe's in Florida and I have a personal boycott against the Whole Foods in my area so I'm pretty much limited to Publix or Winn Dixie near where I live.
    I went to a farmer's market this past Sunday, and there were no actual farmers there. It was mostly a flea market and the produce they did have definitely wasn't from local farms nor was it organic.
    There was one lone stand that was selling grass fed ground beef and I bought a few pounds as well as some Amish made cheese.
    There were a few stands that were closed, but had signs stating what they sell, that could have gotten some business from me.
    Maybe it's just the time of year. South Florida in summer is like most of the rest of the country in winter. Nothing much grows or moves. Summer is cabin fever season for me.
    kiss = keep it simple, sister!

L8F
    L8F is offline Senior Member
    found this, haven't tried it:

Grass Fed Beef - Steaks - Dry Aged

Thanks for the link. Funny, it's located very near where I grew up in Missouri.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    I use US Wellness Meats, also a MO company: U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to make my tiny freezer bigger.

SugarBaby is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kiss View Post
    Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to make my tiny freezer bigger.
    A small deep freeze is a great investment. I've used a small one I got from Sears for ages.
    WWW.SUGARAHOLICS.COM

I was a sugarbaby; meaning since I was born I was given lots of sugar, and ate lots of processed foods, especially sweets until I was into my thirties. Most people in the west were/are sugarbabies.

“How does today’s youngster educate his sense of taste? By submerging it in a sea of sugar from the time he gets up to the time he goes to bed.” W. Root and Richard DeRochemont, Eating in America (1976)

pizzmor is offline Member
    www.everymanpaleo.com

"Its not that I am too old, your music really does suck..."

Aaron_Carter is offline Junior Member
    I also use U.S. Wellness. It is very useful. )

Quote Originally Posted by SugarBaby View Post
    A small deep freeze is a great investment. I've used a small one I got from Sears for ages.
    I wish I could get one, but I live in a small furnished apartment and there isn't any place to put one. Growing up, there was always a deep freeze full of good stuff from family friends with farms. I miss that about the Midwest.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    I also use U.S. Wellness Meats, even though I have local options.

I do this because I can get grass-fed cuts of meat I can't find locally, they have 25% fat GF ground beef (yum) as opposed to 3% (yuck) from local farmers, and they are the only place I've ever found that has GF braunschweiger and liverwurst (an excellent, painless way to sneak in organ meat). They cater to the paleo/primal crowd, so when we demanded sugar-free, nitrate/nitrite-free bacon, they delivered. Great company.

P.S. They have excellent sugar-free GF jerky and pemmican.
    Last edited by TigerLily; 07-19-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast