Thread: Too Much Weight Loss? page

Marktavious is offline Junior Member

Too Much Weight Loss?

Shop Now
    Dear Mark,

My question regards loosing weight, well too much weight too fast to be specific. I began CrossFit 3 months ago and they recommended The Primal Blueprint lifestyle which I immediately conformed too, and have to say feel great because of it. I began my journey at 230lbs, I have a 5'8" frame and have always been one of the "stronger" ones in any physical activity that I've done. The question I have is how much is too much? I've been steadily loosing about 10lbs a month now putting me just under 195lbs in 3-3.5 months (that's 35lbs! . This amount of weight lost in that short amount of time concerns me for my overall health, even though I feel great 80-90% of the time, have tons more energy, sleeping better, and have been calmer with daily life. What is your input on "How much is too much?"

Thanks,
    Marktavious

Mike Gager is offline Senior Member
    35 lbs in 3.5 months is only 10lbs a month or about 2.5 lbs a week. that is right at normal (CW) acceptable weight loss, congrats
    Primal Chaos
    37yo 6'5"
    6-19-2011 393lbs 60" waist
    current 338lbs 49" waist
    goal 240lbs 35" waist

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    So you lost all the weight you wanted to, feel great, look great, enjoy the food, and have more energy? Must be something wrong!
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

PrimalClay is offline Senior Member
    I droped over 100 pounds in 5 months and I am still alive :-) I think you will be ok.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marktavious View Post
    Dear Mark,

My question regards loosing weight, well too much weight too fast to be specific. I began CrossFit 3 months ago and they recommended The Primal Blueprint lifestyle which I immediately conformed too, and have to say feel great because of it. I began my journey at 230lbs, I have a 5'8" frame and have always been one of the "stronger" ones in any physical activity that I've done. The question I have is how much is too much? I've been steadily loosing about 10lbs a month now putting me just under 195lbs in 3-3.5 months (that's 35lbs! . This amount of weight lost in that short amount of time concerns me for my overall health, even though I feel great 80-90% of the time, have tons more energy, sleeping better, and have been calmer with daily life. What is your input on "How much is too much?"

Thanks,
    Marktavious
    In three months you have
    1. started to feel great
    2. lost 35 pounds
    3. have more energy
    4. sleep better
    5. become calmer

I don't think that PB is necessarily a weightloss method, but a way of achieving health. If everything you mention here indicates that you are becoming healthier and feel healthier, then your body will adjust to its proper weight in an appropriate amount of time.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    How do you feel the other 10-20% of the time?
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Marktavious is offline Junior Member
    Thank you everyone for the responses.

Rayan, you're right, being overly concious about it isn't good, was just amazed at the speed it was coming off which is where the post came from. And the need to buy new clothes because nothing fits, as if it was Steven Kings Thinner happening lol.

IvyBlue, the other 10-20% of the time it's tired, sore, headache, and my energy levels feel spent (probably from the gym). I'm chained to a desk most of the day so when I'm not working I'm in the habit of constantly moving, so when this occurs I have 2 solutions, either push through it which works half the time interestingly and the other half I'll rest, get more sleep and eat some bigger meals. Really just depends on what my body is telling me.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    At the intensity level of Crossfit this sounds like your body asking for more carbs on those days. Many threads here address this issue. Although I agree that you'll reach equilibrium at some point.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread7945.html
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Is the forum completely overrun by spam/trolls like the three posts above, or is it just me?
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Buzz71 is offline Senior Member
    We need more active moderators !!
    Buzz71
    Come visit my blog about life, my journey and seizing the day: www.thecarpediem.net
    Read my Journal of Awesomeness!
    Follow me on Twitter: @Buzz_71 and @the_CarpeDiem
    My Primal slow movement challenge: 208.29km of 1000km completed in 2012!