Page 93 of 618 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 93

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I worked in the college cafeteria all through college and grad school. We used kale to decorate the salad bar. I didn't start eating it until about a year ago - I always thought it was just garnish

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    WOW! I always thought it was a garnish too!! I just put Kale on my ta do list for the weekend!!! Thanks for the heads up guys!

so I IF'd dinner.. it was unintentional and no hardship (I love that part) due to having a kid stay after for detention and a bit of running around before my workout.

Kids are barometers.. here is my proof. Its going to rain tonight, big front moving in.. here is the stats for the school today.

18 office referrals.. of which 10 were arrested and a possible of 3-5 more tomorrow.. the others were given in school suspension or out of school suspension. Ummm yeah.. my little town.. nothing like this has ever happened. Oh and the 10 arrested were mostly girls.. can you say brawl in the hall???? hmmmm??? Of those 18.. at least 4 were students on my team. Have you ever seen the movie overboard??? Best line ever is at the end of the movie when the 1st mate says "Its a helluva day at sea sir!!!" yeah, its like that.

Oh and score one for me!!! There was a 50% off sale and I bought 2 pair of 5 fingers for $50 and $40 respectively and a pair of merrils for $65 + free shipping!! I love a deal!
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 02-02-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: yeah yeah.. and this and that
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    OMG! I work in a small city high school and we don't have those issues. Of course all our security guards are off duty cops...
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

278.5!!!!!!!!! WHOOP! Hoping I stay in the 270's. Maybe IFing before a workout is good??

Storm last night, no power this morning, getting ready for work was interesting and breakfast was sonic egg and bacon toasters.. toast tossed! They are generous with the egg which I like.

Hoping today is a better day at school. More later, I have morning duty that I have forgotten to do all week..UGH!!

Paula- this was an extremely rare occurrence for us. We do not even have an SRO, forget security for our building because we do not have these problems. Felt like the twilight zone yesterday!
    Karin

my new shoes!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Karin

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I can't do the 5 fingers, but the merrills look interesting. Of course, at home I am bare footed always, and those shoes would not really be apropos for work. For that I wear very flat ballerinas.

congrats on the loss!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Yay! You go girl!

I like my new balance minimus shoes, but I still want my 5 fingers. Don't know if my weird little toes will fit. How did you get the sizing right?

I am very tempted to buy the ones on the far right. It would be men's, but you can't beat 40 bucks.

I love them. I wear them to work.. about all I wear are my nb minnimus, merrels or 5 fingers. Since my surgery I wear what I like and dare anyone to say anything. LOL.. I do have a pair of ballet type flats but they are not comfortable for all day.

I went to a store in town that sells them and got sized The nice part about it is like a 42 is a 42.. the mens are slightly wider but not much. So, thats why I got another pair of sprints in mens. My pair I have now is kind of khacki and green (which is why the dark appealed to me).. and then I have a pair of the adidas pure with the toes and love them as well. My students are always watching what I am wearing on my feet. They love them!! LOL

Chris- at home I am barefoot as well. Unfortunately I am gone more than I am home.

I was going to get a new pair in the spring but this sale was so so good I could not pass it up. It would not have been smart $ wise
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I am very tempted to buy the ones on the far right. It would be men's, but you can't beat 40 bucks.
    Go for it!! Free shipping and if you do not like them.. send them back You will not find them cheaper I am pretty sure.
    Karin