Page 9 of 630 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 9

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Most grocery store eggs are pasturized, and if you get them from a farmer there is even less chance of an issue. I sometimes get a carton of eggs from the restaurant supply-not egg beaters which are just the whites, but a carton of pourable eggs, and I use that for these sorts of recipes.

My mom used to make chicken like that with canned peach halves, loved it, she would put the peach halves face down on the pan in the oven and they would carmelize around the edges, yum! thanks, gonna do it.
    Last edited by demuralist; 10-06-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: clarify
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I have not made the crack creamer yet.. but I will soon. My calender is just too darn full lately!

Well the craving of fat unnerved me until I drank some heavy cream and then I was FINE! weird much??!

I wont even post yesterday;s meals.. so depressing.

On with today:

B: 2 scoops of pina colada protein powder, coconut milk and water: hamburger with cheese on the side
    L: 2 burgers
    D: no clue.. but it ain't gonna be a burger.. soooo TBD
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

dinner last night was good ol bacon and eggs.. can never go wrong with that!

TGIF!
    Karin

yum, I definitely prefer breakfast at dinner!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

The clouds are moving in which suits my mood.. another cold. (cuss words)!! I am eating clean and yet.... grrrr

yesterday's food:

B: smoothie + burger
    L: burger and salad
    D: burger and salad

need variety!! thinking of making Chris's seafood bisque.. yup.. comfort food.. Also, made Trish's sponge cake.. maybe its because I did not use greek yogurt but its too wet.. needs to tweak it. I think also using a convection oven makes a difference. May need to add sweetener.. not sure about this protein powder I used for it.. its called Pure protein sweetened with stevia.
    Karin

ack! I feel like craaaaap.. if its possible to get worse overnight, I did=poop!

Upping my D3 and C.. using the nettie pot..drinking hot tea by the teapot full.. chuggin theraflu- I just want to throw a good old fashion temper tantrum, but I lack the energy.

yesterday food
    B: IF'd- I know.. but I was NOT hungry
    L: protein sponge cake and stupid simple chips
    D: the BEST seafood bisque evah! Oh and I have been told I get all the leftovers today because I dont feel good.. so that the only bonus at this point.

I have been reading some folks opinions about the reset and have concerns..here is one that has me thinking:

Quote Originally Posted by marqueemoon View Post
    I'm no fan of Dr Kruse but you could at least get his speciality right. He's not a cardiologist.

Seconding what scooby posted, too. You do this on many threads with whatever miracle cure flavour of the week bullshit you've been fleeced by lately, and it's incredibly annoying. Usually, like with Kruse's website, it basically consists of pages of unsubstantiated bullshit, laughable conjecture, and idiocy that even a first year biochem student could dispel.
    Karin

I have been having doubts crep in as well, I pretty much have decided to hold onto my 5 rules and throw out the details that to me seem arbitrary. Actually have decided to throw out a few things that I think sound/feel arbitrary (I have no problem with dairy or nightshades). Mostly because I don't seem to be able to get over the "low carb flu". So this week (if TTOM would just cooperate) I will start walking (yes in the morning), and plan to start the 5 essential movements again. Also going to watch calories, and try to get my carbs closer to 50g on average. And see how that does.

Dr.K is a neurosurgeon, but to me his arrogance argues against any knowledge he may have (I think arrogance is often used to cover up a lack of detailed knowledge), his answers in the other Leptin Thread were often "'because I said so" type things.

I am here with you on this journey, lets see where we go.
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I have been having doubts crep in as well, I pretty much have decided to hold onto my 5 rules and throw out the details that to me seem arbitrary. Actually have decided to throw out a few things that I think sound/feel arbitrary (I have no problem with dairy or nightshades). Mostly because I don't seem to be able to get over the "low carb flu". So this week (if TTOM would just cooperate) I will start walking (yes in the morning), and plan to start the 5 essential movements again. Also going to watch calories, and try to get my carbs closer to 50g on average. And see how that does.

Dr.K is a neurosurgeon, but to me his arrogance argues against any knowledge he may have (I think arrogance is often used to cover up a lack of detailed knowledge), his answers in the other Leptin Thread were often "'because I said so" type things.

I am here with you on this journey, lets see where we go.
    love it (sending huge hugs..IM NOT ALONE!!)
    I like the basic rules as well. I think a major key is no snacking. I have also been thinking, I wonder if I made myself more susceptible to a cold (i.e. sick again) because my carbs are too low?? Do you think its possible? I seldom get to 25g, mostly its under 20g. I am thinking, fruit is not so bad once in a while.

oh.. I agree about his arrogance. I have read some things that Dr. whats-his-but who wrote wheat belly is a bit full of himself too and gives answers like "Because I said so".

You are still carb-fluy?? maybe upping to 50g will help that. If not.. you might want to alter the types of carbs such as a sweet potato now and then?
    Karin

I am having trouble getting back to 50g of carb as well. I just bought SPEED (I know that I swore I would never buy another diet book) and I will let you know how it goes.

They have a blog, are primal/paleo friendly and approach from a broad range of perspectives. They have a ton of scientific citations whenever they make a claim, both have multiple degrees that are pertinent, and I got the ebook from them. Which is now on my nook and they give you a months worth of 'free' email counseling as well as a 30 day journal to use to monitor yourself.

Yep, it is good to know I am not alone in this journey! Thrilled you are riding along.
    Chris
    Unknown

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    cough cough achoo...

taking meds regularly which is probably why I am fever free as of now.

yesterday food:
    B: cup of cottage cheese
    L: leftover shrimp bisque
    D: protein smoothie with yogurt and Coconut milk

today:
    B: cup of cottage cheese
    L: protein smoothie with yogurt and coconut milk
    Karin

Page 9 of 630 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109509 ... LastLast