Page 77 of 636 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177577 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 77

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Chris-

the salad from Panera was yummy.. they forgot the dressing, but who needs there old nasty dressing.. I had my oil and vinegar and ranch sprinkle!! DIVINE!!!

tip: Those little bottles of liquor are great to store oil and vinegar at work once empty and clean :O
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Congrats on such a great day!

All this talk of bone broth...got some in the crockpot now.

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    wow, hey, myfitnesspal says bone broth has 22g of protein in a cup! And DH just ate 4 servings of the beef and cabbage soup that I made with it! heehee, I will get that protein in him one way or another.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

oooo... you sneaky wifey you!!!

GOOD dinner!! Shrimp in old bay- my favorite as it is perfectly seasoned!!! Needs no sauce! and coleslaw.. I have had my veggie QUOTA again!! Oh, and fresh blueberries!!

Tonights slaw

slaw mix
    a little mayo
    a little mustard with horseradish
    green onions
    pepper

YUMMMMMMM
    Karin

Yay on the veggies!!!! I hit mine today too. I have to try hard.

You go, Chris, on the protein. Wonder if he'll start to notice a difference, but won't know why...

282 this morning.. hello water!!

Items on my list for the weekend:
    1. making jerky
    2. starting my scooby for kombucha
    3. making homemade sausage and freezing patties
    4. crafting
    5. the ever present laundry and house hold chores
    6. A run to drop off stuff at goodwill

B: ummm coffee with hwc (I save this for weekends), fresh blueberries, and ummmm maybe a couple of eggs
    L: left over shrimp on a salad
    D: ???
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-21-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Karin

Well the jerky is marinating. I think I will put it on overnight to dry in the dehydrator. I found a new use for the searted bread knife.. its great for cutting slightly frozen meat!

Kombucha is growing a scoby. It will be 2 weeks before I can make tea. It was super easy!!

Getting ready to make sausage.. there is hardly any salt in in which is perfect.

I have been inspired today and my crafting has been productive!! WHOOP!!

Feeling dis-jointed here a bit..so I took a good book and took a long hot bath.. made my back feel so much better. Good will run will have to wait for the morrow.

hmm... was it something I said??
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-21-2012 at 07:44 PM.
    Karin

Wish I was that productive in a day

282.5 +5, you know I used to be able to tell if I was retaining water just looking at my ankles and determining the amount of bone I could see vs. say rings getting tight. Not so much anymore.. I think my body is changing, have to look for other puffy places I think. Knowing my luck the puffy places are not visible. LOL

So I made the breakfast sausage last night and let it get all happy over night in the fridge. Cooked some up this morning and it was so good. When I have cooked commercial sausage in the past, there is always so much grease in the pan. With this stuff, hardly anything in the pan. My butcher must use loin or lean butt. It was so tasty though and not so heavy!

The jerky was done this morning.. wow.. so good. All I used was coconut aminos and salt and pepper. The meat was sliced pretty thin and was not chewy. IT was a little crunchy. Next time, I will either slice thicker if leaving it over night or keep it the same and dehydrate during the day where I can watch it. It was a little too dry for dd. Thats ok though, 1. it was a learning experience and 2. more for me I have decided that I need to keep some in the car for after water aerobics. I am usually a little hungry, or feeling the need for a little protein.

I need to go and work in the storage unit today and get things gone. So much I have not used or looked at in over a year, why have it. There will be 2 piles: trash and good will. Very little needs to come home. Although there are some garden items that need to come home for this years garden. Can not wait for that again!!

oh and saw a tip on pintrest I thought I would share. If you buy garden onions and then realize you have extra onions but nothing to put them in. I saw where they chopped them and then put them in a clean empty water bottle and threw it in the freezer. Then when you have dishes that call for garden onions, you shake out what you need. Thought that was a pretty handy tip.

B: 4 cups coffee with cream (2 mugs) and a sausage patty
    L: tbd
    D: tbd

on the agenda today:
    1. TENS therapy + stretches
    2. do some EM movements that do not kill the back
    3. crafting.. I still have the creative bug. Have to ride out this wave..
    4. storage unit *sigh*
    5. laundry and vacuuming. Sally Homemaker I am not. I am trying though!!!
    Karin

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Funny you mentioned not being able to see puffy spots. I used to use my rings as an indicator. Now all my rings are so big, even with some water retention, so that no long works!

How do you make your sausage?

Sally Homemaker I am not either. We bought a house big enough for my mom to live with us, with enough room for the kiddos we hope to have. Problem is, it's a heck of a lot to clean. Especially with 2 furry dogs and lack of motivation!