Page 7 of 618 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 7

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The pair of pants I have on today are historically snug. They are loose enough today that every time I walk around I can tell in hte but and thigh area. A little constant reminder-love it!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    The pair of pants I have on today are historically snug. They are loose enough today that every time I walk around I can tell in hte but and thigh area. A little constant reminder-love it!
    +1 loving it!!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Well.. last night was "Primal Dinner Night" at my house. (working on getting my daughter to eat healthier) I probably should not have explained the long range plan.. we had tears again because mom is not spending money on crap. PDN's are Monday, Wed, Fri.. easing her into this slow- she can not handle more than that at the moment.

I got called skinny this morning!!!! Ok.. and all those new clothes I bought for the start of school??? Ummm yeah.. getting really baggy! SCORE!
    Karin

I am finding that explanations regarding the meal plan are not the best route for me. I just cook it and serve it. when my kids were little I went to a parenting class. They suggested for basically everything in life...1. stop explaining (I still have trouble with this one) 2. give 2 choices either of which you can live with and let them decide and then suffer any consequences that come about as a result of the choice-again without explanation. When I am able to remember this, life goes well. I know your situation is a bit different, wish I had a better solution for you.

I try to make enough choices that I know they will have something to eat. For example ds likes caesar salad. Now the dressing is not totally primal, but very close, and it is just about the only veggie he will eat. So I make one for him and Dh every night basically. Then I make a protein, fish once a week (last week I poached tilapia fillets and scallops in a stick of butter-OMG!!!!! fantastic, everyone ate it), pork once a week, chicken once or twice a week and versions of beef the rest. I then usually also roast 2 veggies. About once a week I will make the boys rice, and about once a week I will bake a potatoe for each of them. They both also end their meal generally with a small bit of chocolate.

YAHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! love clothes getting baggy.

I have a dress jacket on today that actually now buttons at the waist, never has done this the whole time I have owned it, I usually buy them a bit small so there is not so much bunchy material in front since I never button them.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

:facepalm: well you are right.. that Love and Logic parenting lesson went out the window. I remember now.. limit explanations. crap. Maybe if we dont dwell and just do it will smooth over. Foods she likes and eats are soooo limited. She has said though that Friday she wants Hawiian Chicken with pineapple and cherries. ooooook... got to figure out how to make this lean in the more primal direction. Her veggies options are so limited. grrr BUT I am going to make veggies and she will need to eat them to get dessert.
    Karin

Love that someone else did Love and Logic! you put a big grin on my face.

What isn't primal about the Hawaiian Chicken recipe? Making it primal should be easy, making it low carb will be a whole lot harder.

My son eats caesar salad, broccoli, asparagus, and tomato sauce on pizza. No fruit at all.

He eats a pre-packaged "protein" bar for breakfast. But this weekend I am going to make him some bacon and cheese muffins (will not eat eggs), and some lemon bars-both primal and reasonably low carb to sub out for breakfast. And I am going to make myself some egg/cheese/bacon (Trader Joe's no nitrates) muffins.
    Chris
    Unknown

Love that someone else did Love and Logic! you put a big grin on my face.

What isn't primal about the Hawaiian Chicken recipe? Making it primal should be easy, making it low carb will be a whole lot harder.

My son eats caesar salad, broccoli, asparagus, and tomato sauce on pizza. No fruit at all.

He eats a pre-packaged "protein" bar for breakfast. But this weekend I am going to make him some bacon and cheese muffins (will not eat eggs), and some lemon bars-both primal and reasonably low carb to sub out for breakfast. And I am going to make myself some egg/cheese/bacon (Trader Joe's no nitrates) muffins.
    oh yes.. love the love and logic.. use it at home and in my classroom.. kids hate it, thats how I know it works..LOL
    Karin

Personal Fail: I screwed up my leptin reset. no matter the excuse I have to start over..grrrr!!! It wasn't even a craving.. I just did it! Who JUST sabotages themselves and at the time you have this I dont give a flip attitude. I was so not in my right mind. Starting reset over TOMORROW!
    Karin

I have read that when you slip that it is easier to get things back to where you were than it was to get to that point in the first place. I can remember so many times in the past standing at the pantry door stuffing my face thinking "why am I doing this, I am not even hungry"

Maybe a massive protein breakfast for a few days would be helpful? I honestly believe that when we go looking for food it is because we are starving at a cellular level, and it is not about weak will or whatever.
    Chris
    Unknown

I honestly believe that when we go looking for food it is because we are starving at a cellular level, and it is not about weak will or whatever.
    definitely food for thought.
    Karin

Page 7 of 618 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast