Page 64 of 622 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164564 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 64

Pebbles67 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Sounds like you have a solid plan for tomorrow. Hope all the physical stuff gets better soon.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    288 yup.. this this is true weight...*sigh* which means I have made no significant changes since the end of Nov. I find it interesting though I can be under on calories and still not lose weight. Granted I hit 50g carbs and usually my 92g fat, seldom hit the protein and do not lose.

B: 2 eggs, natrtal sausage, black coffee (I figure drinking bpc is only when that IS my breakfast)
    L: TBD 2 hard boiled eggs and grapefruit- was so brain dead this morning I forgot about the soup
    D: Umm yeah- no clue

Cold still at bay, back a little improved I think, TOM is gone, skipped "the" breakfast at school- life is good
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-09-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: I forgot I left a couple hard boiled eggs in the fridge at work!! HUZZAH!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I have come to the same conclusion about BPC. It works great for me on the weekends when I can skip breakfast. Otherwise, it is 500 calories too many.

OK.. so here are the stats for the day so far with Breakfast and lunch down-

901 calories/1500-1650
    27g/50g carbs
    61g/92g fat
    52g/157g protein

You know.. EVEN if I had brought more food.. I am not really hungry.. would I truly need it?? I feel sometimes I watch my food and nutrients like a hawk to the point I don't eat them. So why do I not eat them?? Scared?? I don't think so, not available?? sometimes not hungry?? often. So looking at this you might be thinking.. you better have a big ass dinner planned right?? Ummm I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I am doing for dinner as I did not take anything out of the freezer *sigh*

Maybe, just maybe.. I need to have a cup of decaf bullet proof coffee with dinner!! LOL
    Last edited by athomeontherange; 01-09-2012 at 11:20 AM. Reason: forgot to add the butter from cooking my eggs at breakfast
    Karin

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    OK.. so here are the stats for the day so far with Breakfast and lunch down-

901 calories/1500-1650
    27g/50g carbs
    61g/92g fat
    52g/157g protein

You know.. EVEN if I had brought more food.. I am not really hungry.. would I truly need it?? I feel sometimes I watch my food and nutrients like a hawk to the point I don't eat them. So why do I not eat them?? Scared?? I don't think so, not available?? sometimes not hungry?? often. So looking at this you might be thinking.. you better have a big ass dinner planned right?? Ummm I don't. In fact, I have no idea what I am doing for dinner as I did not take anything out of the freezer *sigh*

Maybe, just maybe.. I need to have a cup of decaf bullet proof coffee with dinner!! LOL
    Don't worry about your macros so much. Just hit the calorie mark with the sugar levels low. The only other requirement is that you get lots of protein.

You're overthinking it, or not getting enough protein in the morning (you could get at least 50g in the morning a la jack kruise leptin reset.)
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    I often wonder how Jack figured out the right amount of protein for every one is 50g?

I did the Leptin Reset for 4 weeks, and lost nothing.

I think that tracking what you eat, and setting goals is a great idea. I also think it is probably good, within the confines of a calorie range, to play with the macro nutrients to figure out where you do best. Not just regarding weight loss but where you feel great.

For me, I am thinking I do best when carbs are low, fiber is high (because of veggies). And I am currently playing around with whether the protein or the fat is high. I seem to have more energy when the fat is high, but feel more satiated when the protein is high. Probably end up with low carb, high fiber, moderate fat and protein.

With what you have so far today I would say a big steak and a nice salad are in order.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day

Chris- so close!! Actually had taco salad! YUM!

I think body chemistry is the secret but everybody is a bit different. When my fat is high, energy is high and I do not feel hunger as soon, when protein is high, I also do not feel hunger, though I on occasion get heartburn. I seem to always be struggling to get my veggies in though.

Ok.. while I like the idea of the Whole 30.. I will tell you giving up dairy is hard. Giving up sweetener is murder!! I am at the point I am scouting for sugar and I hate that. I am thinking what might be better for me is to choose one vice. My compulsive personality just can not deal right now. I am already failing so perhaps an adjustment is in order.
    Karin

Hold on to my splenda and stevia for dear life.

fpsjosh01 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by athomeontherange View Post
    Chris- so close!! Actually had taco salad! YUM!

I think body chemistry is the secret but everybody is a bit different. When my fat is high, energy is high and I do not feel hunger as soon, when protein is high, I also do not feel hunger, though I on occasion get heartburn. I seem to always be struggling to get my veggies in though.

Ok.. while I like the idea of the Whole 30.. I will tell you giving up dairy is hard. Giving up sweetener is murder!! I am at the point I am scouting for sugar and I hate that. I am thinking what might be better for me is to choose one vice. My compulsive personality just can not deal right now. I am already failing so perhaps an adjustment is in order.
    people struggling with cravings can be leptin resistant still (even when they are skinny XD). I always suggest 50g of protein in the morning because I saw absolutely dramatic results myself. (Depression, hunger, snacking, sweeteners)

Might be worth a shot because you don't necesarily have to give up whole 30. Steak omlette with 5 eggs in the morning should do the trick.
    Blag: The FPSJosh01 Ego Experience
    Follow me on google+
    Superraw: the Autism Buster blag
    "Don't spread the word, spread the butter"

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I definitely do well when my protein grams are fairly evenly divided among the 3 meals. I just absolutely could not eat a steak omelet with 5 eggs at breakfast, not sure I could eat it at any time of the day! But I am also doing very well with BPC for breakfast, which is virtually no protein.

Did you also give up HWC and butter/ghee? Maybe you could allow those in. And what if you did half as much stevia as you were and no other sweetener? I mean really rules that don't work for you are not worth hanging onto. If it is going to set off a binge you need to pivot quickly.

Looking back at your food diary, I really think your big issues are processed/cured meats (given your problems with edema/salt) and your lack of veggies. So maybe you should focus on those?

as to dairy, you could leave out the cheese/cottage cheese, etc. as I seem to remember that these caused stalls for you.

I really think that getting in the habit of adding lots of veggies also gives you a nice full and colorful plate, and is more satisfying than protein and fats alone.

So use the principles of the Whole30 and adjust to something that is livable for you. You will still be better off than when you started. And maybe in a year you can give the full fledged program a shot.
    Last edited by demuralist; 01-10-2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day