Page 63 of 617 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163563 ... LastLast

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 63

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    The only way I can survive these daily weigh-ins is to chart and review my overall progress. Because, from day to day, I usually can't figure out what in the world the issue is! [I say this, when I'm about to moan in my own journal that I'm stuck.] Water, salt, stress, sleep, different time of weighing, how early/late you had dinner, I think it can all matter.

I'm sorry about the cold. You cannot seem to catch a break! Get a lot of extra sleep (seriously). Nap as you can/need to. Go to bed extra early. Drink your awesome soups Watch the fruit.

demuralist is offline Senior Member
    My dh is a prof in college, Master's level and he still gets "how could you 'give' me a C?" and yes from a parent! His stock answer is that he doesn't give grades, the student earns them. Period. End of discussion.

The weight thing. Well, that is not much different really than the fact that I can weigh up to 5 pounds more before I go to bed than when I wake up in the morning. How could I possibly "lose" 5 pounds sleeping (with no potty breaks?). I agree that daily weigh in just show trends.

I think bacon, as it is easily accessible today, is not a sensible indulgence. Self cured, probably ok, but from most markets. Too much stuff in there. Especially for someone who has trouble with salt/edema issues.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

Oh, yep, about the cold, I am thinking soups (especially with veggies), and sleep. So very sorry you caught this one.

As to the breakfast, coffee is the only thing I would touch there. Even the fruits at those things tend to be canned (ie in syrup) You can use my plan for those sorts of situations...talk more, eat less.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 5:2 -2 day fast diet with real food every day

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

Oh and in my house when the boys get bad grades, it's their fault and they lose priviledges. We are living this right now.
    My dd gets good grades (A's and B's). She SHOULD get all A's BECAUSE she CAN and mostly does. I am a bad parent and give $5/A in core classes (math, language arts, ss, science only). She likes to spend money so there is the incentive to get A's and put forth more effort. With her ADHD she does not have the internal drive (yet).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    Oh, yep, about the cold, I am thinking soups (especially with veggies), and sleep. So very sorry you caught this one.

As to the breakfast, coffee is the only thing I would touch there. Even the fruits at those things tend to be canned (ie in syrup) You can use my plan for those sorts of situations...talk more, eat less.
    Got to thinking about the cold. Interesting that I have it NOW, first week back to school. I forgot about that. Here is a trend I notice often. When I start back to school I get a cold/sick, after we come back from long breaks (Christmas, spring break) I get a cold/sick, I went to work latch key in another building got sick, often, changed schools for after school program got sick. Remember when you first sent your kid to school or day care?? They had the sniffles and colds??? Only some people can learn to adapt, and I obviously do not. big Friggin GRRRR

As for the breakfast.. I am gonna skip it. psh.. socialize from 6:45-8:30am??? too damn early and nothing good to eat. My response?? Bite me! LOL

I think I have an attitude problem.

LMAO!!!!
    Karin

RMS123 is offline Senior Member
    I generally feel the same way about my work events. I miss a lot of them because I work in another state. I'm not usually sad. They want me to come...but 4.5 hours for food I won't like/eat anyway? I'll pass!

I am sure that with the combination of realization that the colds appear right after you get back to work coupled with the early morning time and the unfriendly menu it is reasonable to expect a little attitude.
    Chris
    Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by demuralist View Post
    I am sure that with the combination of realization that the colds appear right after you get back to work coupled with the early morning time and the unfriendly menu it is reasonable to expect a little attitude.
    I like this

lol
    Karin

I find that occasional short spurts of attitude can often be our brain suddenly making us focus on us. I think that is true in your case. I am sure that is what happened to me during my Fla trip. I just need to be careful that it is indeed a short occasional burst!
    Chris
    Unknown

287.5 (I forgot to take my meds yesterday including water pill)

so yesterday I took a nap, it felt good. I also took some nyquil before bed, woke up at 5am, took some more and got up at 9am feeling pretty good. My back is achy today (Its been pretty good for the last few days), but have to get things done. Working on laundry, cleaning a bit and will try and squeeze some crafting in for today.

Blew it on the whole 30 a little.. move along, move along.. nothing to see here folks!! Can you tell I would rather not discuss it? LOL

B: eggs and sausage, BLACK coffee- made lighter its good minus anything
    L: pork rib
    D: I think we are having salmon.

I made soup yesterday so I will take some to work tomorrow for lunch. I think its suppose to be dreary and soup will be perfect-o.

I think my attitude is improving a bit.. I am resigned to skip the breakfast tomorrow, TOM is packing his bags and leaving, the cold is kept at bay for the time being (minimal symptoms so far- popping vit C like crazy) and the back and I are trying to make peace.
    Karin