Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6300

Thread: The Journey begins with me page 617

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Do you have a BBQ grill?

RMS123 is online now Senior Member
    Karin - for an occasional treat! Sun Cups - Nut Free – Gluten Free

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    Change.. I have these folksy solngs about change going through my head.. much like a hippie green peace embrace it man kind of nonsense.. I friggin hate change.

Change #1: No equine therapy family camp due to a conflict in the schedule (keep reading.. it will be explained)
    Change #2: The job will have to go soon. (Explanation coming)
    Change #3: awesome opportunity to go to a NSTA conference in Orlando AAAND.. yeah, had to pass (same explanation)

These 3 events are being affected by an upcoming surgery on my FOOT again.. different part, much different. So the pain I have had in my foot caused me to head back to the foot dr. A spur behind my achilles heel is the blame. Pain all the fricking time and nothing relieves it. So, this will be fixed with surgery. Surgery date is Wed. Oct 29. I will be 8 weeks in a plaster cast and then they will transition me to a cam walker for another 4. I am getting set up with a knee scooter. I am currently planning on taking 1 week off, 2 at the most. 3 months of no driving.. we are working on a ramp for the house. Since I will be less mobile than I am not lower calorie will HAVE TO BE A MUST. I am doing the surgery the end of Oct so maybe my Christmas break does not suck so bad.. selfish no? I doubt they will hold my job, I would not expect it. I will be telling them all this this weekend when I work. I am currently sitting on a stool and cashiering and there is much I can no longer do. It might be my imagination, doubt it, but I feel resentment from some and its frustrating.

GOOD NEWS: The shoulder feels much better. Still an ache if I overwork it but maybe the pain in my foot is so bad I just dont feel it anymore.

Ruth- I like quick simple recipes. I try to keep a cooked protein in the fridge with veggies to whip up skillet meals. Those are good go-tos but hard to control the calories.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

I do have a grill. I love love love my grill.
    Karin

Quote Originally Posted by RMS123 View Post
    Karin - for an occasional treat! Sun Cups - Nut Free – Gluten Free
    oh my, these look dangerous! Delicious, dangerously delicious!
    Karin

demuralist is online now Senior Member
    well, shit. Sorry about all of that.

the easiest way for me to do a low calorie meal is to use things that are low calorie that I can eat in quantity...broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower (these are all excellent when roasted so that the edges start to caramelize-put parchment paper or foil on the cookie sheet and clean up is a breeze), salad greens with cukes (though you do have to watch the oil in dressing a salad), and fish and chicken for protein. LOTS of teas (I like them iced). And truthfully, I feel like if you are going to stick to 1,100 calories it would be easier if you did just 2 meals a day, just under 500 calories each, and have a nice cup of coffee with protein powder and a shot of CM for breakfast?

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Darn it! That sucks. So sorry.

so on a positive note...if the pain meds don't wack you out, it will give you time to study for your test, right.

also, RE: no movement...Seated Workouts on Pinterest There ought to be something here you can do and enjoy. If not, maybe a google search or youtube search will.

also, for a while you will have to have someone else bring you food, that should cut down on any sneaking or cheating right?

sorry, it double posted, weird
    Last edited by demuralist; 08-27-2014 at 01:01 PM.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I had my achilles tendon surgically lengthened when I was a child. X-rays last March for plantar fasciitis showed bones spurs all along the tendon and a large spur on my heel. I also have a lot of scar tissue.

Part of my physical therapy for the plantar fasciitis was "tooling" all along my foot, ankle, calf to break up the spurs and scar tissue. It helped a great deal.

I wonder if PT might help you.